• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Hey, ya'll!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Meriadoc

Worker Bee
Registered Member
Jul 6, 2005
How's it going? I've been away for far too long ...

Spent a bit of time looking for permanent work (contracting in the I.T. world just isn't all that...!), and then, once I'd found something, I've been spending the past copula months getting myself acclimated.

Sadly, my meads have been sitting around, somewhat neglected. Luckily, I'm in bulk aging for everything I've got. It's just about time to get things tasted, backsweetened, and bottled, so I'll have to make that a priority in the next month or so.

My root beer mead was ... interesting. It tasted OK, but the root beer and mead flavors didn't mesh too well right off the bat (there was a nice root beer taste in the fore and mid, and then a mild "jet fuel" kick in the pants in the aftertaste). I have one 12-ounce bottle left, and it's been, hmm, five or six months. I've been busy enough that I haven't had a chance to hook up with friends (and a fraternity brother) back in a brewers' club in Pittsburgh (TRASH - good folks, if you get a chance to meet up with them!); I'm hoping to make another meeting, and open up the last bottle with my fraternity brother and make a final judgement on it.

So... what's new around here?!!!

There's definitely a new look to the place!

How'd the AMA (?) thing in February go? Any new batches that someone wants to brag on? Inquisitive (although inactive (!)) minds wanna know!

Merry

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Hey Merry,

Glad you found some work! Everyone around here wants 12 years experience, and want to pay $8 an hour....LOL

*Lots* has happened since you went on sabbatical from GM. The IMA Mead Fest was a huge success (Oskaar was a hit!) and one of our own, GentleKngt and his Lady Wife won Best in Show for the Home MeadMakers competition, which got over *200* entries!

You saw how things changed around here...::grin:: I've been hard at work behind the scenes adding new content, check out the recipe database! (menu at the top). Mouse over the menus on the left too, you'll see lots of interesting stuff.

Anyway, welcome back!

Vicky - back from a weekend of shooting black powder, and one shoot left to go, Nationals at Ft. Shenendoah in Winchester, VA May 17-21

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns