• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Mead calculator - courtesy of JamesP

Barrel Char Wood Products

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
OK. Guys?

USE THE MENU!!!!!!!

Making Mead/Mead Calculator goes HERE

::grumbling::

Why the hell do I make friggin' menus and hundreds of pages of CONTENT if y'all won't USE them? I've updated the access file so that your old bookmarks point to the new page....but its on the menu...

USE THE MENUS - THERE IS ALL SORTS OF NIFTY STUFF OUTSIDE THE FREAKIN' FORUM!!!!!!

Vicky - working on a Saturday because y'all don't check MENUS

Old Dirty Belgian

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 15, 2005
Ahh; that's an easy way of finding it.. I always had it linked in my favorites. That link is once again working .

Sander

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 30, 2005
There seems to be something wrong with the conversions: according to the calculator 1 US Gal = 7.258 Litres :eek: ???

JamesP

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 3, 2003
Brisbane Australia
Known problem. The problem comes from generalising the conversion between wieghts to volumes, based on honey.

It is based around 12 pounds of honey is approx 1 gallon => sg=1.088 in 5 gallons

When I update it next, I will be allowing for density of each item (fruit, honey, ...) which allows proper conversion between the weights and volumes.

For most things, it will give you a good ball-park figure.

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
calculator request

Can I request an addition to the mead calculator? Molasses is missing from the list of sugars. My bottle says it has 10g of sugar (though 14 of carbohydrates) per 22g.

Thanks.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns