• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE FALLING SHORT OF OUR GOAL

Barrel Char Wood Products
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
OK, for all you most excellent and admirable folks who have subscribed you really don't need to read any further. You've done your fair share, and in many cases more than your fair share to support this site. My comments below are in no way shape or form directed toward you. Honestly I'm very appreciative of the time, effort and generosity you have exhibited in donating to the site. You will be rewarded...trust me when I say that.

In this post I'm speaking directly to the other folks with fifty or more posts that have not yet stepped up to the plate to subscribe. Just so we know who I'm speaking to, here is the list of names again:

abejita
Aggie4You
ancjr
beeboy
Brewbear
briankettering
buzzardwhiskey
CheshireCat
Consul
CosmicCharlie
davarm
Derf
dogglebe
edacsac
exmoor_cat
Fortuna_Wolf
Fwee
Geoffrey Johnson
GntlKnght
Gonzo
Hidalgo
HomeBrew
IdahoSkunk
intothefray
JamesB
JoeM
kash
Lagerman64
MacLupine
Marion
mavityre
Meriadoc
Mu
Norskersword
palecricket1
Pawn
Rurouni85Samurai
ScottS
scout
Skinner
Summersolstice
Suzy_Q_Brewmistres
Sveinne
Talon
teucer
toolboxdiver
Tylor!!
Val
WikdWaze

My big question is why the hell haven't you subscribed yet? I mean you're here posting and asking questions right? You're getting value right? Howzabout a little quid pro quo?

Vicky tries to be very polite about this and say she understands that people have financial obligations. I'm a more straight forward kind of guy. We all know that twenty five stinkin bucks isn't gonna break the bank folks, let's be real.

Take a big step back and ask yourself where else on the web you are going to find the collection of mead savvy minds that are here on gotmead.com?

Where else are you going to get articles written by Pam Spence, Ken Schramm, Dewey Caron, Eva Crane, Dan McFeeley, and other mead luminaries?

Where else are you going to get access to AMA, IMA, and MLD articles and prize winning recipes that are being reprinted and archived here on Gotmead.com?

Where else are you going to have direct contact with the people who are members of the International Mead Association, and who drive the mead competitions at the International Mead Festival each year?

Where else are you going to have access to 36,000 mead related posts in 4300 topics on a non-subsciption format?

Where else are you going to have access to set up your own brew blog that will be seen by 100,000 visitors on a monthly basis?

Were else are you going to go when I finally convince Vicky to take this site to subscription only??? I guess that's the real question.

Look, we all have plenty of reasons as to why this site is valuable and worth supporting, you know it, I know it. You wouldn't have posted over fifty times if you didn't think it was worth your time and effort to do so, and if you didn't feel you weren't getting something out of it. I've offered up an hour of my time to consult with you over the phone on my dime about your meads, mead questions and ideas you may have for making meads. I don't offer something like that up lightly, I hope you don't feel that an hour of my time isn't worth 25 bucks to you.

Bottom line is that Vicky and I are on the phone every day working on things for gotmead.com at all hours of the day, on top of our regular work schedules. I can tell you now that the preponderance of my posts going forward will be in the Patron's Only section as will my recipes and brewlogs.

I really don't like having to come out in public and grind on people for money, but, I'm amazed at the lack of willingness to support this site from people who freqent it on a regular basis. Yes, there are a number of names on the list above that haven't signed on for a long time. But every day brings another poster up to and over fifty posts to displace those long absent posters.

So time to pony up folks. You'll be noticing a number of changes here on gotmead.com. Many of which will be moving of content into an area for Patrons Only. As well as new content that we've been working on converting into a forum friendly format.

Thank you in advance for joining the ranks of the Patrons and giving some much needed financial support to Gotmead.com!

Oskaar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns