• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Gotmead Certified Recipes

Barrel Char Wood Products

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Gang, and especially Patrons,

I'm collecting 'certified' recipes into one area so that folks can easily find them. You can see the site recipes that I've collected from around the web, and that I'm in the process of extracting from the forum here. Notice the big 'Gotmead Trusted' icon for the certified section.

They will be limited to Patrons and above, while we'll still have the huge collection of recipes in the main recipe area for folks to draw on and use. However, I want to be able to provide you with a collection of proven recipes that we know are good. So many of the web recipes produce less than ideal mead.

If you wish to join the Great Recipe Collection and Collation Project, let me know, and start submitting recipes from your stash and from the forum. If your recipe is 'certifiable', i.e. it can be shown that it has been made multiple times and each one was good (we'd need to test drive a bottle), that recipe will get the 'Gotmead Trusted' stamp.

Anyway, take a look at the recipe, and email me if you'd like to help collect the recipes from the forum so we can get them all in one place.......

Here's how to submit a recipe:

1. Login to the main site at http://www.gotmead.com
2. Go to the recipe section (left menu, about halfway down)
3. Scroll down and you'll see a recipe menu under the login box
4. Click 'submit recipe' and enter your recipe. Please be sure to put in ingredients, steps, yield, OG/FG and such.
5. Once you've saved it, I go in and approve it and categorize it. If you want this recipe to be certified, contact me for further instructions....

Thanks a lot, and enjoy the site!!!

wayneb

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
I'm posting my Christmas Spice for certification, if you're so inclined. It's already a Patron's Recipe, but it has been made many times (not just by me) with consistent results and everyone liked it well enough at the last HMMC for it to earn a bronze medal, so I figure it's good to go. ;)

BTW - it is an "intermediate" skill level recipe, but the results are well worth the work needed to keep that finicky Montrachet yeast happy.

sandman

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Feb 5, 2007
Hartford, Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Well, I've only been making mead for a bit over a year so far so I guess I've got nothing to contribute as yet. Maybe in a year or two I'll have made enough or had others try my recipes themselves to consider my recipes worthy. Until then I'll just keep posting them in the Patron's area under Recipes and/or in the Brewlogs. ;D

Great idea though Vicky. Nothing like having a definitive list of proven recipes to draw from. Don't forget about "the book" either. I'll be buying a copy as soon as it hits distribution (or pdf publication).
:cheers:

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
If some of your recipes get picked up and done by other patrons and they get the same results, that will put them into certified...

The book will be a real book, not a pdf. There is no way to protect a pdf from being passed around and copied.....

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns