• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

SVG yeast anyone?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Teufelhund

Banned
Oct 17, 2007
POX 181 Covington, OH 45318
I had to order 500g of the SVG and since I'm not brewing 2 milion gallons, I'll be selling off 15 g packets of the stuff for $2.50 which includes S&H.
Email me and let me know if you want some.

SVG: For classical Sauvignon blanc character
The ITV in collaboration with Lallemand selected SVG from the Loire specifically for the enhancement of typical Sauvignon blanc varietal character, diminished acidity, and good fermentation kinetics. SVG will metabolize roughly 25% of the malic acid helping to naturally lower acidity. In tastings of Sancerre and Pouilly Fume wines fermented with different yeasts, the wines fermented with SVG scored higher than those fermented with other yeasts commonly used for Sauvignon blanc. These Sauvignon blanc wines were described as having more intensity and a better balance of mineral, citrus and spicy notes. Aside from Sauvignon blanc, SVG is also recommended for aromatic white varieties such as Riesling or Pinot gris.

:cheers:

DD

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns