• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Must.rack.today.

Barrel Char Wood Products

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
I've been putting it off since I've been ailing, but it MUST be done today. No more excuses, all of it's gotta be done, so if y'all see me hanging 'round here or on Facebook please chase my sorry self back down to the kitchen so I can RACK MY MEAD!

Lemme finish my brekky first though...

Kee

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
In a mad voice: You're done! Get off the boards and go back to the kitchen!!

In a sweet voice: Oh, but before you go, what are you racking today?

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
Ooof, done, and one we didn't rack because there was nothing to rack it off of. It's hard to believe that last time I racked--back in September--I did it all by myself, no problem. This time my daughter was here to do most of the heavy work and I'm totally wiped out.

But at least they're set for another few months. I'll update the brewlogs later, though.

Kee

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
That was pretty quick. Were you just racking off fruit/lees?

I was planning on racking/bottling myself this weekend. I didn't even bring the bottles into the kitchen. Maybe tomorrow...

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
We racked 3 5 gallon carboys, 1 3 gallon carboy, and 2 1 gallon jugs...just getting it off lees, letting it settle and clear.

crowquill

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Jan 13, 2008
Syracuse NY
We did a lot of racking here as well -- bottled one batch and racked four more on Saturday. I did a more detailed post about it in the patron's blog section.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns