• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Mead Day in Riverside California

Barrel Char Wood Products

Scott Horner

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Jun 14, 2005
Hello all, :wave:

Once again Beer Beer and More Beer has agreed to host a mead day on Saturday May 12th from 10am until ???. Brian and myself will be teaching some classes and there will be plenty of drinking I mean sampling. Hopefully I am giving Oskaar plenty of notice to make it. I hope to see you all there.

B3 is located at 1506 Columbia Ave Suite 12, Riverside California

Scott

SpamDog

Worker Bee
Registered Member
Dec 27, 2006
Everyday should be Mead Day.

Too bad I live on the wrong Ocean.. Sounds like a good time

Ryan

Scott Horner

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Jun 14, 2005
Just bumping this back up to the top since its this Saturday. So who's coming? And what are you bringing?

Scott

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Is this event also being held at B3 in Concord? Riverside is a tad out of my way...

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Hey Scott,

I'm still up to my ears in work and wine (Wine Production course through UCD) so I'm unable to attend. At the end of June I have a break, and then the next course kicks in from October though December, and then two more after that. Man, I'd love to be there. Please say hi to Rob and the gang and extend my regrets for not being there.

Aaron, Scott takes the bull by the horns in Riverside and works it out with Rob, the manager of the store there. I'm sure you could do the same with the folks there in concord. All you need is someone to do a quick demo on how to make a basic mead and ask your fellow mead makers to attend the "mead day" event. We generally barbeque sausages and such, and it is pretty well attended. Scott does a nice demo on mead making and everyone shares the mead they brought!

cheers,

Oskaar

AsharaLyn

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 21, 2007
asharalyn.twisted-reality.com
I was at B3 in Riverside today because when I picked up my sweet mead kit last week, they forgot to give me the yeast. I *happened* to be standing next to Brian at the counter, and he mentioned these Mead Days. Any word on another one anytime soon? ;D

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
My work schedule has changed significantly so we may be able to arrange something with B3. We also have brew days here in Orange County at different member's houses and I do meads at the brew days. Last meeting we did a strawberry melomel that is going to be stellar.

I'll give Rob a call on Monday and email Brian and Scott, we'll see what is up!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
Hey Oskaar,
Keep a brotha in the loop, will ya?!!!
Give me a call when you can, we'll talk....

Cheers,
Brewbear

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
Hey all,
Just attempting to bring this back to the top!
Last I heard, mead day was supposed to be Oct. 13 at B3 Riverside! Is it still on? Has it changed???

Cheers,
Brewbear

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
This is definitely on! I emailed Scott and Brian, and verified with B3 yesterday. I'll be making two or three meads.

1. Black Raspberry Melomel

2. Mountain Pecan Honey Metheglin

There will be lots of mead to sample, and plenty of sausages as well. It's always a hoot!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I just ordered the sausages, and one of my brew-buddies from the local brew club will be attending with me as well. I emailed Brian and Scott so hopefully we'll have a good crowd. What the hell, even a bad day brewing is better than a . . . well just about anything else.

I'll be there at about 10:00 AM ready to make some mead, and I'll be armed to the teeth with mead and wine, as well as sausages.

Cheers and hope to see you there,

Oskaar

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
I'll be there, mead in hand !!!!
BTW, will there be some of Anthony's mustard there????
:pottytrain2:

Cheers,
Brewbear

AsharaLyn

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 21, 2007
asharalyn.twisted-reality.com
How was the mead day? I'm sorry I missed it, but I was having a blast in Vegas being kitchen staff for our faire group :). I drank an amount of my apple pie cyser while I was there. It's still young (very!) but it's drinkable :).

When's the next mead day?

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
We got rained out (long story drop me a line) so we're rescheduling for sometime in November. You may be able to attend after all!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns