• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Tables within posts?

Barrel Char Wood Products

osluder

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 14, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Is there anyway to create a simple HTML-style table within a post? I don't see a likely candidate in the BB code, and I see that HTML code within posts is turned off.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
HTML is turned off as part of most standard forums security profile. Can you give me an idea of what you need to use the table for? Perhaps we can find a work around.

Update:

I did some checking and the table code is not part of the core vBulletin function without turning on HTML, our old forum (SMF) was the same way. The only way to do a table would be to apply a hack to our forums, and honestly that's not really something I'm inclined to do based on the security agreement with the vBulletin folks. We'll keep our eyes open though.

osluder

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 14, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
HTML is turned off as part of most standard forums security profile.
Understood. :) I had some web development experience way back in the day (late-90's), so I completely relate to how a system can be subverted if you don't lock it down tight. The BB markup language provides the vast majority of what most people need in this context.

Can you give me an idea of what you need to use the table for? Perhaps we can find a work around.
What I had in mind is the ability to create, for example, a table of honey suppliers. As a workaround, I will just do a bulleted list.

And thanks for the update. It may be a useful addition to the BB markup language. Obviously you would want it greatly simplified from the HTML equivalent much as the other BB codes are, e.g., LIST, etc..

osluder

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 14, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
If you're looking for honey suppliers, the best resource we've found online, so far, seems to be Honey Locator.

Yes, thanks, I am familiar with this site, but you misunderstand: I am not looking for suppliers, but instead wanted to create a small table summarizing known suppliers of a specific varietal honey and perhaps some notes about them in the context of a specific thread.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
It would be better if lists of suppliers were added to our supplier list.
http://www.gotmead.com/index.php?option=com_sobi&Itemid=34

Then all could find it easily, using a much easier search for location. Put the varietal info in the text area, and I'll create an index for it when I upgrade the index, which I'm working on now.

Pete or Wrath or someone, could you add the links for the other thread to our honey listings?

I'm off to continue working on the new main site template and upgrading the supplier listings to be easier to navigate, and am also re-doing all the menus on the main site to make it easier to find stuff......

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns