• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Tomorrow be Monday ...

Barrel Char Wood Products

Old_Skool

NewBee
Registered Member
May 30, 2010
North of Kalifornia
I really do hate Mondays, my job is fine and all but after a relaxing weekend Monday is just a drag.

I like me some blues so I'll put up some T-Bone Walker - father of the electric blues. I think this is very early '60s Newport Jazz festival - crank it up:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVR8lg1YLuc

Stormy Monday

They call it stormy Monday, but Tuesdays just as bad ...

Wednesday is worse, and oh Thursday is oh so sad ...

The eagle flies on Friday, and Saturday I go out and play ....

The reference "the eagle flies on Friday" refers to the old tradition of Friday being payday. Also known as "the eagle shits on Friday" ... the eagle either referring to the US Eagle that is/was so common on currency

maykal

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 28, 2011
Bucharest, Romania
It's been Monday for hours here. Luckily I have an easy work day today, the sun is shining, the snow is rapidly melting, and the morning coffee is hot.

Soyala_Amaya

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2011
Missouri
I work retail, Saturday and Sunday mean nothing to me, though I did have yesterday off this week, but that was for a highway trash pickup on a stretch of highway my kindred has adopted. Ouchie ouchie, I am dreading Monday this week, but it's cause my back aches, heh.

Soyala_Amaya

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2011
Missouri
Wow so I TOTALLY jinxed myself here...someone tried to break into the store last night, cut the power and the phone line. They didn't get in, but spent almost the entire day (til about 4) with no phone, no internet, and no credit card machine, then had to re-network the computers because the hard reset messed with their little Microsoft brains. I am exhausted, my head hurts, and I never want to argue with that many people again that a debit card is a type of card transaction, and no, I really can't use it until they fix the phone line.

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
That sounds like a mess... the grocery store I used to frequent had someone pry up the corner of the flat roof to break in... I think it cost the store more to clean up afterwards than was stolen...

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns