• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Sort-of, Kind-of, Mead related...

Barrel Char Wood Products

Guinlilly

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 17, 2011
Seaford, DE
Thanks guys! I'd love to do the DE Wild Cherry mead once again we made for our wedding but the wild cherry trees would have to cooperate for that one...

AToE

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 8, 2009
Calgary AB Canada
Gotta have a long engagement to have fun saying "fiance" for as long as possible - coolest possible word for a partner in my opinion!

Guinlilly

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 17, 2011
Seaford, DE
Congrats! So, I guess it'll be a long engagement, for to age mead properly? :)

Probably about a year. ;D We have so much already bottled and aged we really wouldn't need to make more, but I think we'll make a big batch of the traditional sweet he's made forever for it - he usually has that one ready to go and perfecto in just under a year.

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
I ended up whipping off kit wines because I couldn't afford the honey to make THAT much mead and didn't want to risk having to come up with something else if it did something odd like refuse to clear in two years, and though I have many, many bottles of various things on hand, never enough of one thing (I've either made or helped make wine for three weddings now, and two kits of white and one of red worked really well for ~100 guests).

Guinlilly

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 17, 2011
Seaford, DE
I ended up whipping off kit wines because I couldn't afford the honey to make THAT much mead and didn't want to risk having to come up with something else if it did something odd like refuse to clear in two years, and though I have many, many bottles of various things on hand, never enough of one thing (I've either made or helped make wine for three weddings now, and two kits of white and one of red worked really well for ~100 guests).

Yeah I'm a mead noob, but Jon is not. 15+ years making mead, lots made for weddings and future plans for going pro. He's got big batches, and fixes for problem batches down pat. If it was just me, we'd be going the kit wine way too. ;D

AngryNord

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 1, 2011
Redmond Wa.
Congrat's from me and mine, and another for you future's buisiness dreams! Taking the same dip in the pro pool myself. It's a long and laborious process, but worth it in the long run.

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
I was thinking of you two today when my daughter and I were in BevMo to pick up a four-pack of Midas Touch, a Christmas gift for a friend. At the very least you ought to have some interesting beer at your reception. :)

Guinlilly

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 17, 2011
Seaford, DE
I was thinking of you two today when my daughter and I were in BevMo to pick up a four-pack of Midas Touch, a Christmas gift for a friend. At the very least you ought to have some interesting beer at your reception. :)

We def. should! I think we'll brew a few beers (probably at least one that is gluten-free) and have local beers from DFH and Evolution craft brewery as well as Jon's mead.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns