• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Different type of Easter

Barrel Char Wood Products

ndbrewlady

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 18, 2008
Burlington, ND
It started with a call on Thursday saying report to the armory by noon tomorrow (Good Friday). Two days of sandbagging. Then Easter we were sandbagging around a house til late, later we were working from midnight to 5 am Monday to save a few houses from a creek that had erupted (I got to ride in the truck that night). The rest of the time until today was twelve hour shifts of waiting to see if we would be needed.

Finally done today, have a house to clean, a couple of meads to rack or bottle, and bronchitis to get over.

Here is a pic of us working on the house on easter.

Reactions: TheAlchemist

ndbrewlady

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 18, 2008
Burlington, ND
Thanks Medsen, I really enjoy working with the guard and always enjoyed being in the military. Being in the Guard was a nice way to serve our country without moving all the time like we were when we were active.

My husband and I are in the same unit and this last week was the first time we got to help our local people, and that really does feel good, lets you know why you are there.

Then again everyone looks at me like I am nuts cause when ever I am at drill I call it play, not that I don't take it seriously but that I enjoy it so much, even when we are trying to find something to do. ;D

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns