Thread: In need of beeswax?

Default In need of beeswax?

Wasn't sure where to post this and not sure why I haven't posted earlier about this because I kick the idea around myself.
    On another forum I found out what other brewers were paying for wax to seal their meads with. Although I am a beekeeper when I melt my wax down I get a nasty mud puddle color out of it.

My mentor sells beeswax on ebay and it is a very nice goldish (little colorblind here) pure beeswax with a fantastic smell.
    I think the color will complement my bottled mead very well and help with protection for long term storage.

So if others are interested in some pure beeswax for either sealing their bottles or making candles here is his ebay I.D. Honeychaser
    He sells wax for $4/lb and the rate gets cheaper with the size of the order.
    I beileive he has some pretty straight forward shipping rates that can go as high as 16lbs for the same price as shipping 1lb. I know he uses USPS to ship.
    He is cathing up on orders at the moment and doesn't think he will have another auction up until Tuesday.
    So something to keep in mind.

Default Re: In need of beeswax?

Hey Kace,

You need to post this in the classified section located right up top on this page. I'll go ahead and move this to the beekeeping section as well.

Also, a quick admonishment (to all of our brethren who dwell largely in the forums) about venturing outside the forums. We say it over and over but no one seems to listen, and that is, there is an amazing amount of information outside of the forums. Articles, reviews, links, resources, etc. all at the left and top of each and every webpage. Time to flap your wings everyone and fly to all of the neat different spots out there.

Steps off soapbox.

Cheers,

Oskaar
    Is it tasty . . . precious?

Default Re: In need of beeswax?

Ok, I rarely look at anything in got mead but the newest posts and the search engine. I haven't even seen the GM homepage in a year or two.lol