• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

It's happening again. Cursed chat window!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Greenblood

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 6, 2004
Aaaaaaaah! It is happening again Vicky! Each time a page loads it pages down to justify with the chat window. It hurts mama! It hurts!

Sorry for the drama. I do not remember the fix from last time. Do you remember what it was?

John

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Mine only pages down to the 1st thread of the topic, which is perfect IMHO. Stopping Just above the chat box. I remember the fix I used when having excessive computer problems... I bought a Mac, been fine ever since. :p

Wrathwilde

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Wrathwilde said:
Mine only pages down to the 1st thread of the topic, which is perfect IMHO. Stopping Just above the chat box. I remember the fix I used when having excessive computer problems... I bought a Mac, been fine ever since. :p

Wrathwilde

Hmmmm, sounds like the panacea to all problems....but wait!

Wrathwilde said:
snip ... also... I get the same oversize problem as Angus. Second when answering questions and researching a query I could pop up multiple windows and scale the forum posts to whatever size I needed to work with. With the new IN forum I cant do that, I get redundant information with every window I open, I can't scale it down without it initiating a scroll bar, then I have to center the scroll to read it. Scream!!!!!!!!!!!! ....snip

Sniff...sniff...we anywhere near a barnyard :eek: ;D ;)

Cheers,

Oskaar

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
John, try it again. I had changed the code to keep that from happening, (it wasn't happening here, at least). Is it working now?

Quote from: Wrathwilde on 02/03/06
snip ... also... I get the same oversize problem as Angus. Second when answering questions and researching a query I could pop up multiple windows and scale the forum posts to whatever size I needed to work with. With the new IN forum I cant do that, I get redundant information with every window I open, I can't scale it down without it initiating a scroll bar, then I have to center the scroll to read it. Scream!!!!!!!!!!!! ....snip

Oversize problem? Whats oversize?

Sorry about the redundant thing, but I just don't have the time to maintain 2 completely separate sites, which is what will happen if I unwrap the forum. Every menu change, every site change has to be duplicated in 2 sites, in 2 completely different formats. Sorry guys, this is the only way I can maintain GM in the time I have available.

Vicky - leaving tomorrow, frantically doing research

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Wrathwilde said:
I remember the fix I used when having excessive computer problems... I bought a Mac, been fine ever since. :p

Wrathwilde

I didn't say perfect, I said fine. LOL
Fine (adjective): Of High Quality; worthy of or eliciting admiration; good; satisfactory.

Wrathwilde said:

Oskaar said:
Sniff...sniff...we anywhere near a barnyard :eek: ;D ;)

No, but don't worry it's normal for SoCal, air so thick you can taste it. I expect they'll put up a string of Surgeon General's Warning billboards, every 100 yards, before long.

Warning -
Breathing in SoCal Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy.
Quitting Breathing Now Greatly Reduces Serious long term Health Risks.

:p :p :p

Vicky - GM Webmistress said:
Oversize problem? Whats oversize?

Vicky,
Don't worry it was an old coding issue you have since resolved. Basically the window would open undersized in relation to the web page, with a scroll bar at the bottom and you'd have to scroll over to read the entire post because 1/4th was beyond the edge of the newly opened window.

Wrathwilde

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Warning -
Breathing in SoCal Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy.
Quitting Breathing Now Greatly Reduces Serious long term Health Risks.

:p :p :p

Nope that's our new build a better mutant program. The chemically laden air builds stronger lungs, so we don't have to wear gas maskes when the terroists go biochemical on our asses! All you lucky folks with clean air are doomed! DOOMED I SAY! LOL

Cheers,

Oskaar

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Oops, forgot to add this:

panacea

Some antidote or remedy that completely solves a problem. Most so-called panaceas in this industry, if they survive at all, wind up sitting alongside and working with the products they were supposed to replace. In addition, nothing solves a problem without introducing its own new set of problems.

O0 O0 O0

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
LOL, then we're ok here in NC. There's so much gunk in the air around here from all the stuff coming over the mountains from TN that we've nearly as many 'stay inside or else' days as y'all get in SoCal......

Wrath, *thank goodness*. I'm about coded out on GM for a while, and right now I have to concentrate on a customer who wants some site expansion......

Vicky - one day til I leave.....

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns