• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Scout's Brews

Barrel Char Wood Products

scout

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 4, 2005
scoutbrewblog.blogspot.com
Here's a couple that I bottled last week (Yep. finally back in the saddle!), Strawberry Wine on the left and Cherry Vanilla Mead on the right. The baby is letting me have a little time off from being the Mommy Mattress (patent pending) for brewing and bottling, but so far not long enough for label creation, so they just have little tags on them to help me distinguish between the Strawberry, Cherry, and Cranberry - I like red berries! :)

strawberryandcherry.jpg

scout

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 4, 2005
See? I really have been busy! :) This is a shot of my "cellar". No basements here in Houston, so this is an extra pantry that I am planning on converting to a cellar/liquor cabinet/bar. This is what's left after drinking all but one of my first batch of JAO, and all but one bottle of the cranberry melomel (which turned out really yummy!). I'm trying to keep one bottle of everything for "long term" storage (at least a year, but however long I can keep my hands off it!). :)

cellar.jpg

yabodie

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 17, 2006
WW,
You have to watch out for the shoes too. They have homing devices built in and can even go around corners!! ;D ;D ;D

Alden

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 13, 2005
scout said:
This is a shot of my "cellar". No basements here in Houston

I *really* miss having a basement. I've pretty much dominated our downstairs coat closet for mead storage. So far my wife hasn't complained about it. :)

scout

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 4, 2005
Wrath - if I ever get my hands on you, don't worry about me not having duct tape. I bought stock in several companies! >:D Shoes, hmmmm? Good idea, I have some ancient Doc Martens that could prolly kill someone if thrown accurately. :) Or maybe I will just let you babysit the hatchlings . . . .

Alden, your wife obviously hasn't come up with a use for that closet that is better than your mead yet. :) Keep making good mead, and she won't start looking for a use.

SteveT

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 1, 2004
Very impressive! If the counter wasn't there you may be cleaning the ceiling :) At least the large tub contained a lot of the explosion...

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Oskaar <--- raises hand

I've shoe-whipped more than one drunken unruley weasel in my time. I find that my Bostonian Wingtip Loafers carry just the right amount of weight in the heel for a one-shot-drop!

cheers,

Oskaar

scout

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 4, 2005
yup, still have mine, my hubby though . . . . *shakes head* Between the baby trying to eat his and the child ripping it off his face and replacing it with her mouth, I'm not sure how much longer he'll keep it.

Yes, we are very silly.

Just call this place Camelot.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns