• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Member Welfare - Dmntd

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Hi Folks,

I spoke with Dmntd (Tony to those who haven't met him) earlier today and I thought it would be a good idea to pass this on.

After a couple of weeks of no activity from Anthony (Dmntd) I called to see if he is OK. Unfortunately he's down with a serious health issue and is at home, but under the watchful eye of his physician to ensure that he is improving steadily. He is in good spirits and is upbeat about the situation, but sill concerned as anyone rightly would be.

His computer then proceeded to take a dive and so he's off line, on his back and out of touch. I'm going to go up there in a few days to rack some of his braggots for him since he can't move around or lift them to do the racking.

At this point he's concerned with his health and getting back on his feet. I would be too, plus he's got a marriage on October 31, 2006 to deal with himself.

Anyhow, just a quick update on Tony and where he's been.

More later,

Oskaar

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Thanks for posting this -- would you let Tony know we're thinking of him and wishing him the best?

JayH

Worker Bee
Registered Member
May 9, 2006
Corrales, NM
Yes, please give him the best from all of us. Also if I can be of any help, drop me a line.

Cheers
Jay

GrantLee63

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 19, 2006
Clarkston, MI
Dmntd has provided me with some very good advice on this forum with several meads I've made over the past 6 months or so, for which I am extremely grateful for.

Oskaar, please let him know that he is missed and that we all wish him the best toward a complete and speedy recovery.

Sincerely - GL63

yabodie

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 17, 2006
Oskaar,
Please send him a good wish from the East Coast!! His input on general beer brewing and braggots is invaluable and I hope he kicks the health issues!!

Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

Miriam

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Feb 2, 2005
Oskaar, please tell Anthony that I too wish him a complete recovery, in plenty of time for his wedding.

Miriam

Angus

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 19, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
Oskaar,

Please pass my wishes for a speedy recovery to Tony as well and tell him he has been missed.

Angus

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Tell him we're all pulling for him, Oskaar. And find out where he's registered for his wedding, so we can take a gander at what he wants....

Hey gang, should we send honey for the wedding? LOL.....

yabodie

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 17, 2006
That's not a bad idea... Either the honey or some mead....

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Hey Oskaar,

Tell Tony that Wrathwilde's pulling for his speedy recovery, and looks forward to many more discussions that fall under the threat of your removal or topic lockdown. ;)

Wrathwilde

JayH

Worker Bee
Registered Member
May 9, 2006
Corrales, NM
I can just see it now, time for the wedding, they go to unwrap presents and all they have is a long table covered with buckets of honey with bows on the top.

Cheers
Jay

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
Hey Oskaar,
Gimme a call please. My house is a mess, you could swear that Katrina landed in my living room but i'll skip chores for a few hours and help you help Tony.

Cheers,
Brewbear

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Will do. I think JayH was interested in making the trek too. I'll check and see.

Cheers,

Oskaar

yabodie

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 17, 2006
Oskaar,
How is Tony?

I hope you left some braggot for him.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Tony is fine.

I stopped by his place yesterday on the way back into town from my week long wine/mead sloshfest around California. We tried a couple of his meads (a young dry orange mead and a very nice braggot) and yapped about everything going on in the world, and of course our favorite subject, mead!

He's doing a good job of not going stir crazy, and getting himself ready for the wedding at the end of October 2006. He gave me a bottle of braggot to take home with me, and it is now cooling away in my refrigerator awaiting it's final destination in my gut.

Tony said to say "hi" to all you gotmeaders out there and to thank you for your thoughts and well wishes. Tony's a great guy and is making the best of the situation at hand, and I'm sure will be up and around in no time, causing trouble as usual.

Until then, I'll just have to pick up the slack for him.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns