Thread: Score

Default Score

Well actually two scores this week.
    1. A lady at work told me the other day that she had some old beekeeping magazines she got for free and wondered if I was interested. I said sure. Today she broguht me what looks to be about 3 or 4 years worth of American Bee Journal! I've been meaning to get a subscription to Bee culutre, hell this will do.
    2. My aunt's husband built me from the description I have gotten two nuc boxes. Those damn things are more than hive bodies.

So I have had a pretty good week, got the last piece to fix up this old 3 frame extractor I was given so I can start extracting my own honey instead of having it mixed with my mentors honey. Only problem is I was planning on taking honey off this weekend and it sounds like it will be rainy all weekend.
    Oh well can't win them all!

Default Re: Score

The American Bee Keepers Journal is great stuff. Congratulations dude!

Nice score!

Oskaar
    Is it tasty . . . precious?

Default Re: Score

It will make some good reading over a glass of your favorite mead. Big score with that and an even bigger score on getting your three frame extractor fixed, don't catch your hand in it while spinning the frames. You can make a decent uncapping station out of a cheep stainless steel kitchen sink and some lumber. The one I'm using has enough room under it for a 6 gallon plastic bucket to catch the honey dripping out of the caps.