Thread: Nice Article @ Ken Schramm

Default Nice Article @ Ken Schramm

Just thought I needed to pass this on to everybody, the Sept '06 issue of Bee Culture has a two page artice written by Dewey Caron about master of mead, Ken Schramm. It covers his start as a mead maker back in 1988 and follows his career right up to the current mead feasts where he judges. It also mentions his book " the Complete Meadmaker" which is probably found in everybody's collection. It's not often that mead brewing is mentioned in most of the bee keeping publications, don't know why since they go hand in hand. Anyways I think it would be nice if some of the members here could e-mail the editors of Bee Culture at www.beeculture.com , thank them for talking about mead in thier magizine and try to get a plug in for Gotmead.com. Couldn't find a copy of the artice on line but maybe the editors could make it advailable to us here. Just a thought

2. Default Re: Nice Article @ Ken Schramm

Will do. The more we can get the bee-keepers to think about us mead makers and how we can both benifit from coorpartive behavoir the better.

I plan to send them a "keep up the good work" email.

Matt

Default Re: Nice Article @ Ken Schramm

Just another reason why I need to get a subscription.

Default Re: Nice Article @ Ken Schramm

Thanks for posting this! It's a nice and well deserved honor. I think the only other meadmaker who has been profiled in Bee Culture is the late Roger Morse and that was looking primarily at his contributions to beekeeping.

<><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><><>
    Dan McFeeley

"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
    (The people's spirit is raised through culture)