• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Nice Article @ Ken Schramm

Barrel Char Wood Products

beeboy

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 29, 2004
Port Orange, Florida, USA
Just thought I needed to pass this on to everybody, the Sept '06 issue of Bee Culture has a two page artice written by Dewey Caron about master of mead, Ken Schramm. It covers his start as a mead maker back in 1988 and follows his career right up to the current mead feasts where he judges. It also mentions his book " the Complete Meadmaker" which is probably found in everybody's collection. It's not often that mead brewing is mentioned in most of the bee keeping publications, don't know why since they go hand in hand. Anyways I think it would be nice if some of the members here could e-mail the editors of Bee Culture at www.beeculture.com , thank them for talking about mead in thier magizine and try to get a plug in for Gotmead.com. Couldn't find a copy of the artice on line but maybe the editors could make it advailable to us here. Just a thought

matt_maples

NewBee
Registered Member
May 23, 2005
www.liquidsolutions.biz
Will do. The more we can get the bee-keepers to think about us mead makers and how we can both benifit from coorpartive behavoir the better.

I plan to send them a "keep up the good work" email.

Matt

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Thanks for posting this! It's a nice and well deserved honor. I think the only other meadmaker who has been profiled in Bee Culture is the late Roger Morse and that was looking primarily at his contributions to beekeeping.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns