• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

2007 Meadllennium in Orlando

Barrel Char Wood Products

ucflumberjack

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 4, 2006
where exactly is it? when is it? is there an age limit?

i live in orlando and will deffinately be there if age is not an issue.

Yarmur

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 3, 2006
I'm thinking about attending......I had started another post regarding this a few weeks back asking inf anyone in the South would be interested in going to have a little impromptu GotMead gathering.....I plan on going just to check it out if nothing else.

Yarmur

ucflumberjack

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 4, 2006
well if i can figure out when and where then im deffinately in. maybe we should all get together for lunch or something or maybe get contact info and find eachother once were there? maybe bring some mead to exchange/taste?

Yarmur

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 3, 2006
sounds good to me.... I have two youngin's (pyment/cyser) that will be about 4-5 months old at the time. First attempt at both. I'll bring some for a tasting. Last years event from what I read was held at an individuals house. I could be wrong but I picked that info up somewhere. Maybe we could all meet up at a specific hotel or such. When I'm in O'town I normally stay at Holiday Inn Universal. Let me know what everyone thinks and get it started.

Yarmur

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I'll be going to the Mead Festival in Denver, Colorado

Hmmmm, I was given to understand from the main organizers of Meadllennium that they would be moving their date to August in 2007. I see now that have changed their mind. That changes my plans. I'll be attending the International Mead Festival since these two events are so close together.

The Mead Festival is larger, with lots more mead, more diverse meads, and greater attendance. It also features mead oriented seminars, two days of public tasting of over a hundred different commercial meads, and then we hold the award ceremony for the Home Mead Makers Competition on Friday evening, February 9, 2007. Nothing like partying with several hundred rabid mead fans, commercial mead makers, mead luminaries (guys like Dewey Caron, Dr. Garth Cambray, Ken Schramm, etc.) and generally having a great time!

See here for additional details.

Given the proximity in dates, in my book it's a no brainer.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Scott Horner

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Jun 14, 2005
Have to agree with Oskaar. Normally I would love to have an excuse to head out to the house of mouse. But in this case why attend here when you can attend the larger and more fun Meadfest. Really disappointed that the folks in Orlando did't get their act togather. :BangHead:

ucflumberjack

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 4, 2006
since i live in orlando and am broke i will still be attneding meadlenium, anyone that is interested should send say so on here so we can decide on what we want to do?

rschepis

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 23, 2006
I live in Florida as well so I plan on going. Need to finalize time off from work but I'd like to hook up and share a few samples with who ever wants to.

Yarmur

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 3, 2006
LIke the rest of the Floridians, I will be attending in O'town. I would love to head to Co. but time and money are a big influence on that. See ya'll in Jan.

Yarmur

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns