View Poll Results: Choose a name for GM's Brewclub

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • GotMead International Brewmasters

9 50.00%
  • a-MAZING GM International Brewers Assoc.

0 0%
  • GotMead International Mazers and Brewers

7 38.89%
  • GotMead Global Meadmakers (GMGM)

2 11.11%

Thread: GotMead Homebrewers Club

Default GotMead Homebrewers Club

I have accepted the position of pointman/contact for the AHA recognized GotMead Homebrewers Club... but I'm having trouble coming up with a good name for the group. GotMead has to be prominent of course, and I'd like to express that we are an international club.

Here's some names I've got kicking around, feel free to suggest others.

GotMead International Brewmasters (my favorite)
    GotMead International Homebrewers
    GotMead Mazers Worldwide
    GotMead Global Homebrewers Club

Cheers,
    Wrathwilde

Default Re: GotMead Homebrewers Club

Hey Wrath,
    I vote for GM International Brewmasters (basically because we have wine makers, brewers and mazers here)

Will all the relevant AHA notifications be posted in the Patrons section of the site? I think this will be an additional benefit for folks to pay the "dues" to get all the homebrew club specific info as well as all the other spiffy info Vicky has already posted.

I would be willing to help in the club efforts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by yabodie
    Hey Wrath,...
    Will all the relevant AHA notifications be posted in the Patrons section of the site? I think this will be an additional benefit for folks to pay the "dues" to get all the homebrew club specific info as well as all the other spiffy info Vicky has already posted.
    What a good idea! I'll bet it'll work too.

I like GM International Brewmasters too. I hope y'all let me join, even though I'm no master (or mistress either!).
    Grow fungi. It's fun.

How about . . .

GM International Meadmasters

5. Default Re: GotMead Homebrewers Club

My vote is for GotMead International Brewmasters as well since we can't be the GotMead Drunkards and Reprobates.

The Honey Farmer Gotmead Visitor

GotMead International Brewmasters. That ROCKS!!

Dennis

Maybe we should start a poll? Seems to have worked for the Harvest Mead Contest, and the people can tell us what they want.

We can put up all the names and let the folks tell us what they want. We can also go a bit outside of the box too with something like:

The a-MAZING GotMead International Brewers Association
    The GotMead Hive - Resistance is Futile

Yadda yadda yadda! We can also make it into a contest of some kind and take submissions and then pick the winner by poll as well. Just some ideas, flame away!

Oskaar
    Is it tasty . . . precious?

Quote Originally Posted by Oskaar
    We can also make it into a contest of some kind and take submissions and then pick the winner by poll as well. Just some ideas, flame away!
    I like this idea! It lets everybody submit and/or select their fave, and the winner gets kudos and maybe more. (Lifetime dues-free membership in the club, maybe, or the recipient of several people's donated meads, or whatever...?)

-David

Alright... You people have until December 1st 2006 to submit your GotMead Club names, at that time I will lock the poll to new names. The Poll will end Dec 7th... so I can get on with the business of submitting the club info to the AHA. All suggested names must include "GotMead".

To keep the poll size manageable I'm going to Ask that members "second" a name choice for inclusion on the poll. This doesn't mean you have to vote for that particular name. Just that as a member you'll second the motion to include that club name on the poll. You can second as many choices as you like, but remember it's a two edge sword, the more names you second the less likely your favorite name will be chosen. In the Case of a tie between two names Oskaar, Vicky and I will vote to decide the winner.

Example...

Wrathwilde submits 5 possible club names - GM1, GM2, GM3, GM4, GM5

Oskaar "seconds the motion" to include GM2.
    Vicky "Seconds" GM4
    No Members second GM1, GM3, GM5

GM2 and GM4 would be included in the poll... GM1,GM3 and GM5 would not be included.

Have at it Kids!

Wrathwilde

I'll Second Oskaars "The a-MAZING GotMead International Brewers Association"

Every time a name gets a motion to "Second" I'll add it to the poll.

Wrathwilde

Oskaar seconds GM3, GM1, GM5

Cool!

Oskaar

Oskaar,
    I was going to say "I'll kill anyone who seconds the GM#'s" but as I don't want your job - reading about the problems our new members have with their penises... I'll let you live.

Wrathwilde

Hard to believe there are no creative types here on GotMead. Shall we raise the stakes? The winner shall get, from Oskaars Meadworx, all the empty carboys they can eat in one sitting. I'd offer my own empty carboys... but I don't have any at the moment.

Wrathwilde

Weird. My reply on Monday did not show.

My vote would be a slight modification of the first -

GotMead International Mazers and Brewers.

Adding the name Mazers sets us apart from other beer brewing clubs and organizations, a fact that I think many of us here at GM are proud of.

Angus
    Chan fhíach cuírm gun a còmhradh

A feast is no use without good talk.

I'll second Angus' offering!

My name suggestion is:

GotMead Global Meadmakers (initials GMGM!)

Leonora who is under about 12" of Colorado Champagne Snow!

"Spanky, Sparky, Buckwheat the Fourteenth - doing the right thing starts first thing in the morning, not after you are caught." -- John Criton FarScape

I'll second Leonora's GMGM

Wrathwilde

Angus' "GotMead International Mazers and Brewers" is gaining fast.

I Still prefer "GotMead International Brewmasters" as being more elegant and less wieldy, especially when trying to fit it on T-shirts Mugs and the like.As proud as we are to be "Mazers" I feel that the Double reference to mead (in GotMead International Mazers and Brewers) is unnecessary, and hence less elegant. "and Brewers" makes it feel like they are second class citizens in our brew community.

GotMead shows our emphasis on mead, and Brewmasters shows that we have masters of many disciplines, without segregation.

Cheers,
    Wrathwilde

Really,

I don't see it as a slight at all, as a matter of fact I think it promotes fermentation harmony! Mazers and Brewers Unite! or Mazers, Brewers and Dyslexics Untie!

I'd also go it one further and assert that most people don't know what Mazer is, and we're doing a public service by putting it out there and explaining it to he curious, unwary and interested folks we meet. I think that it also shows that GotMead is not just about Mazers. So to me elegance is in the eye of the beholder.

Oksaar

The poll has ended!! The Tallies are in That was close, I actually thought Angus was going to come from behind and win this. Thanks to all who took the time to vote! I am sending the info to the AHA today. Our Brewclub will be recognized as... (Trumpets Sound)

GotMead International Brewmasters

Cheers,
    Wrathwilde