• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Tragedy: The Hobbit to be made without Peter Jackson!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Cargirl

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
http://www.theonering.net/index.shtml

Tragedy in the filmmaking world: Peter Jackson has been relieved of duty in New Line's project of making the live-action The Hobbit. Sam Raimi (Spider-Man movies) has been approached to take his place, but no word on whether he has accepted.

I learned this the other night, but I've been too stunned to speak. I'm a charter member of the LOTR fan club. My name is in the credits at end of the extended editions--all three movies.

We saw just Fellowship of the Ring 29 times--47 times for all three movies. Doesn't touch some people's records, of course, but it beats anything we had done before or since. I took my teenagers out of school for Trilogy Tuesday. I feel like I have an investment in this franchise.

I cannot picture a Hobbit script without Fran's and Phillipa's words. And Billy and Katie won't be there!

I'm ill.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns