View Poll Results: Which day of the week is best for you to get online and chat in our chat room?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saturday

2 10.53%
  • Sunday

6 31.58%
  • Monday

5 26.32%
  • Tuesday

2 10.53%
  • Wednesday

3 15.79%
  • Thursday

0 0%
  • Friday

1 5.26%

Thread: Re: Chat Room - When to chat

Default Re: Chat Room - When to chat

So I have tried to chat on several different computers which all ran different browsers. When I click on "chat" on the Premium Patrons yellow box, I get a "thank you for registering" note and a suggestion that I become a Patron.

Is there something that I need to do to reach Chat? I can see all the other patron things as far as I know.

I chat on another list I am on just fine so I don't think it's my java settings.

Note: I am not very savvy so if anyone want so help me could you speak in "captain dummy talk" for me!

Leonora who would really like to chat tonight!
    "Spanky, Sparky, Buckwheat the Fourteenth - doing the right thing starts first thing in the morning, not after you are caught." -- John Criton FarScape

Leonora,

You're still set up as a Patron, I just checked. I would suggest logging out, clearing all your cookies and history and trying again. The chat works for other folks that are patrons, so I'm forced to figure it must be something in your history or cookies.

Email me at gotmead@gotmead.com and let me know what's going on. Give me what you're currently on, i.e. browser and version, operating system and such.
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Owner & Webmistress, Gotmead.com
    Executive Director, American Mead Makers Association
    http://www.mead-makers.org
    Making Mead since 1995

Leonora/All who read this,

Check the following things on your browsers:

Pop-up blockers, firewalls, ad-blocker sofware, active anti-virus software, anti-spyware programs.

Javascript should be enabled.

If you're using ad-aware in Firefox you'll need to whitelist the entire site.

In internet explorer make sure that gotmead.com is in your trusted internet zone in security settings, and that you have done a flush of your cache and cookies.

You may need to change your security and privicy settings in IE to allow the chatroom to function properly.

If worse comes to worse. Turn your security settings off and see if the chatroom works, then turn everything back on one at a time until you find the problem and then work on the settings in that area.

Hope that helps,

Oskaar
    Is it tasty . . . precious?