• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Looking for an apprentice

Barrel Char Wood Products

ken_schramm

The Compleat Sybarite
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Jan 5, 2005
Troy, MI
I am looking for someone who is willing to help me in the orchard this year. In return, I am more than happy to share my knowledge of fruit growing and of mead making, as well as the literal fruits of our labors. This is a serious offer, and this is serious work. I live in Troy, MI, and I would be looking for a commitment of at least one weekend day a month, if not more, and a couple of additional days at apple harvest time. There is a lot to be done then. There is also much work to be done in the next month. It's messy and it's hard and it makes you feel really good about yourself. I do not grow organically, so if you have an aversion to agricultural chemicals, please do not volunteer.

I grow apples, tart cherries, peaches, plums, raspberries, black currants and rhubarb. I am considering re-planting strawberries this year, but only if I can find the energy and time to do raised beds. It's a small orchard, on a suburban lot - 18 trees or so.

Again, this is a volunteer opportunity. If I offered to pay someone to do this, I would be divorced by week's end. We may have the occasional pizza or low-brow lunch, but I can positively guarantee that you'll drink well. If you are interested, please email me at the address in my profile. Over 21 only, please, offer void where prohibited.

Thanks,
Ken

"Who will help me plant the wheat?," said the Little Red Hen...

ken_schramm

The Compleat Sybarite
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Jan 5, 2005
Troy, MI
I have a handful of replies, and I think I will be able to get the help I need. If you've responded, I'll be in touch.

Thanks everyone for your interest.

Ken

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns