• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

*NEW* Gotmead Article Scroller and Events Calendar

Barrel Char Wood Products

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Hi gang,

Sorry I'm not around much (I am busy behind the scenes, just don't have much time for posting at the moment), between working on GM, finishing the new Honeywine.com, rewriting the IMA sites and working on 4 other client sites, free time is a bit of a commodity around here.

Anywho, I've a couple new toys for you:

A new calendar - with categories for competitions, industry events, meadery events, and other cool stuff. You can enter your events here for all to see. Nessa has graciously offered to copy existing events from our forum calendar and other places on the 'net that have events listed. This calendar is much more full-featured than the old forum calendar, and we'll be moving all entries to there. You'll find the link in the left column under 'The Rest of the Story'. If you're entering a competition, please don't forget to both enter the *deadline* and the competition date, as 2 events.

Secondly, we now have a great article scroller the rolls through the titles of all the articles on Gotmead.com. Ever wonder if you're missing a great article just because the site is so huge? Then check out the scroller in the top right-hand corner. You'll see a scrolling real-time list of what's on the site at any given time. That coupled with our ***NEW*** news-layout front page and you'll find *tons* of great mead info to sink your teeth into. Watch for a new column that I hope to have soon from a meadster like y'all, chronicling his efforts in the mead-making world.

Patrons: A new edition of the MeadZine is coming in the next week, with several new articles and some great suggestions for recipes, and advice from experienced meadmakers.

The final Gotmead addition: Recipes that have been tried and are proven 'good' and 'repeatable' will now start receiving a GM Stamp of Approval, so you can search the recipe section and know that the stamp means its a tested recipe. Those of you that have recipes that have *for sure* worked, and can provide a detailed overview of methods/procedures, please consider entering them into the recipe file for others to benefit.

And please let me know that this is tested good, so I can stamp it. Please be aware that 'I made this' isn't good enough. To get the Stamp, it has to be tasted by an experienced meadmaker and pronounced well made. We're going here for tried and true recipes that use reproducible methods so that a consistently good mead can be made. "My friends who never had mead before say its good" isn't what we're looking for. If your recipe has won in competition, please include that when you enter the recipe, or tell us so we can include that in the recipe info.

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Hooray for the scrolling thing. Tons of stuff here I never noticed until it started flashing across the screen.

<--- easily distracted by moving objects...

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
You're welcome. It occurred to me that folks might like to know, since y'all never poke your noses outside the forum, LOL.

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
...say wha..??? ...outside the forum...??? Wow, never thought of that! ::)

:drunken_smilie: :drunken_smilie: :drunken_smilie: :drunken_smilie: :drunken_smilie: :drunken_smilie:

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
:tongue1: Says you. Gee, Sandman, you'd think all that time in the desert would have given you an appreciation for broader horizons.....::ducking and running::

David, :mblah05:

Vicky - wondering if anyone would notice if the rest of the site suddenly disappeared (gee, I'd have *FREE TIME*) LOL

sandman

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Feb 5, 2007
Hartford, Huntingdon, United Kingdom
::famous (slightly edited) movie quote:: "If only you could see what I've seen with these eyes... I've seen things you people wouldn't believe."

Ducking and running won't help you Vicky. I'm rated on all sorts of interesting equipment that can track you down. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :glasses7:

*author's note* Due to recent tendencies by the media to overreact to just about anything, it has come to the attention of the author that some of our readers may construe this post to be "disturbing" in it's nature. Any readers who find this post to be either dark or disturbing are therefore recommended to go outside, dig a hole in the ground, stick their head into said hole and fill in the dirt to cover their heads (ref: Southpark). That should solve any problems nicely. ::message ends:: :tongue3:

As far as broadened horizons go... I've seen a lot of sand with these eyes... lots and lots of sand... :sad5:... and of course soldiers. Lots of those as well.

TGIS... (Thank God I'm Short) :toothy10:
ref: "short"; a state of being wherein a soldier or contractor finds him or herself nearing the end of their obligated or contractual timeframe. ex: "I'm so short I have to look up to see a scorpions belly."
We now return you to your normally scheduled drinking. :cheers:

sandman

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Feb 5, 2007
Hartford, Huntingdon, United Kingdom
On a side note (and getting back to the original topic), the new scrolling article bar ROCKS OUT LOUD!!!

Thanks for putting it in Vicky. Truthfully, I use it regularly while I'm poking around the site.

Kudos to you for installing it. :icon_thumleft:

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns