FerndalePalooza!30% Off Pairing Mead and Food!

Thread: Looking for brewers

1. Default Looking for brewers

I am looking for wine and mead brewers in the St. Joseph, Mo. area. Our LHBS is going out of business and although there is a brewing club, they are more interested in Beer. While I do enjoy a good homebrew, I am wanting to get together with a few people, swap some products, taste test, and have others to toss ideas off of or just share experiences. I don't think I really want to start a brew club for mead and wines but hey, that's how it gets started!Not worried whether there is years of experience or newbies, we all learn everyday and with each batch.

Thanks!

Default Re: Looking for brewers

LK,

Are you a member of the SCA? There are a lot of brewers (it seems like to me) in your neck of the woods who are in the SCA. If you aren't and haven't heard of it - go to www.sca.org and poke around. The Kingdom you are in in MO is called Calontir.

Good lucks,
    Leonora
    "Spanky, Sparky, Buckwheat the Fourteenth - doing the right thing starts first thing in the morning, not after you are caught." -- John Criton FarScape

3. Default Re: Looking for brewers

Hi LK,

I'm from St. Joseph as well and am interested in meeting with some other people interested in making mead and wine. I've brewed a bit of beer and made a few small batches of fruit wine but am definitely looking to build up a bit of experience.

What about some of the people in the local brewing club? Gotta be a few interested in mead, right?

David

4. Default Re: Looking for brewers

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF
    Hi LK,

I'm from St. Joseph as well and am interested in meeting with some other people interested in making mead and wine. I've brewed a bit of beer and made a few small batches of fruit wine but am definitely looking to build up a bit of experience.

What about some of the people in the local brewing club? Gotta be a few interested in mead, right?

David
    Since the Brew shop's last day of business is Saturday and I'm not a member of the SCA it makes it a bit dificult to get ahold of people. Most of the brew clubs are into beer and St Joe club doesn't have working email any more, are they still active? Anyway drop a personal message and maybe we can get together and pop a cork on a bottle. My wife works in st joe but I work in Liberty so I like to relax on the weekends with some brewing and a bottle of Mead.