Thread: Howdy

Hybrid View

1. Default Howdy

thought I'd introduce myself, my name is Mike and I live in central Arkansas. Been making mead (along with fruit wines and beer) since 2000. Actually got into this by reading books that were constantly mentioning mead, and since I had already been making beer and fruit wines, I decided to give it a shot. Currently I make a dry, semi-sweet and sweet mead and also the occasional melomel and cyser as well. Been visiting this site forever and suddenly realized you guys have a forum, I'm so happy, I just feel sorta misty right now..........

Default Re: Howdy

There's a main site

Welcome to the forum Caladvwich!!! Now just sidle your way over to the recipes section and add those meads you mentioned to the list posted there. LOL

Don't worry about getting all misty over the forum, it's happened to all of us at one point or another. Now, have a glass of mead and get to reading...

Sandman

Default Re: Howdy

Welcome Mike!

I'm afraid that you may find yourself a misfit here... normally Vicky has to chase us OUT of the forum to see the new things on the "real" web site.

Glad to have you aboard!

David

David Baldwin
    Michigan Meadery LLC

www.michiganmeadery.com

4. Default Re: Howdy

Well at least he started with show meads....... i suggest patroning up and going through oskaars recipes first thing to sort out the outdated meadmaking practices that are often in books. mead has come a long way in a short amount of time and most people and most books havnt caught up yet.....

neways..... GRATS TO FINDING THE FORUM!!!!!! WELCOME!!!!!!