Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Forum Software Coming for Gotmead

1. Default Re: New Forum Software Coming for Gotmead

lol yall are awesome. giveing so much of your time to entertain us and project mead into the mainstream(hopefully). thats what coffee is for though right? i feel like i should send yall bottled of mead when i finally produce something thats good enough to be loved by somebody other than its creator.....

Default Re: New Forum Software Coming for Gotmead

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky - GM Founder
    Right now I have to interrupt my work several times a day to fix little problems and issues that the site creates because its not as stable as it could be....
    That will never go away, because your moderators and members aren't as stable (mentally sound) as they should be. I'll help beta test too, You'll need someone running OSX and safari to make your life a little more miserable.

Cheers,
    Wrathwilde

3. Default Re: New Forum Software Coming for Gotmead

Wrathchilde...OSX?? Come on!! j/k. Anyway...GM?....theonly reason my neighbor and I are feeling good right now is because of everyone on this sight. Again I nominate myself for a beta tester.

glad to see the main page is getting a face lift that darn glass of mead always over laps the text on my browser

Y'know, if y'all *tell* me when this stuff happens, I *do* try and fix it........
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Owner & Webmistress, Gotmead.com
    Executive Director, American Mead Makers Association
    http://www.mead-makers.org
    Making Mead since 1995

Quote Originally Posted by fatesjoke03
    Wrathchilde...OSX?? Come on!!
    Ya want I should upgrade to Vista?

Or maybe I should go back to IBM's kick ass "OS/2",

GeoWorks anyone?

DR-DOS 6.0?

BeOS?

Actually I don't know how many of them would run on my Dual G5 2.0GHz Power Mac. And I just love this tower

I've used them all in the past... can anyone tell I've hated Microsoft for a very very long time? I hated Apple even before I started hating Microsoft... and that continued right up until 2002 when my brother started running OS X 10.2 on his Dual G4. He open several Video windows (6 or 7) and proceeded to open just about every major application (including photoshop) and the multiple videos didn't even hiccup. Our Intel Machines were several generations ahead of his Mac but doing half the stuff he did would have crashed our systems, and forget the half dozen videos playing flawlessly, hit three on our systems and they would start dropping frames or worse. So at that point I started respecting their new OS, but still hated the old tech machines. That changed with the Power Mac G5... wow, I was in love... expensive, hell yes, but awesome!!! The New Mac Pro Line is the best engineered Tower computer Design ever - IMNSHO. Check out the MAC Pro here!

With Microsoft I hated how every time I had to reinstall (way too often), it broke half of my other programs and I'd spend the next day or two trying to get my favorite programs to run again. Until finally I upgraded to a supposedly more stable MS-OS and it broke WordPerfect permanently. I was never able to recover the novel I had been working on for 2-3 years, my short stories, nothing I had done in the 5-6 years previous. Word refused to handle the files, and I was never able to get another copy of WP running on that machine. At that point I started using GeoWorks, 1991, which fricking flew compared to Windows, on my ZEOS 20MHz 286 with 1MB of Ram, an AMBER monitor and I believe a 40MB RLL drive $2100 in 1987 I believe

Cheers,
    Wrathwilde

Not really that big of a deal my comp is really old so its not you its my system.

I think this is a great idea. I need to do a little research from timre to time and it is somewhat difficult to get where you want to go. But I do usually find what i need in due time. Anyway the though of getting the answer faster exites me. Thanks for the hard work you people put into this site. If there is anything I can do to help.........
    If I was a mead what flavor would I be?

9. Default Re: New Forum Software Coming for Gotmead

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathwilde
    Ya want I should upgrade to Vista?

Or maybe I should go back to IBM's kick ass "OS/2",

GeoWorks anyone?

DR-DOS 6.0?

BeOS?
    *cough*Ubuntu?*cough*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12