Thread: Got Mead Host Service Outage 10/27/2007

Default Got Mead Host Service Outage 10/27/2007

Got Mead's hosting provider had an unplanned service outage yesterday. This resulted in unplanned downtime for the site. Our host was planning on doing a physical site re-location at midnight EDT, but issues arising from the preparation precipitated the service outage, and Got Mead was down as a result. Apologies for the site inacessibility, but this was something that we weren't driving, and were unable to control. Vicky and I spoke several times yesterday, an Vicky will be following up with the hosting site.

Cheers,

Oskaar
    Is it tasty . . . precious?

Default Re: Got Mead Host Service Outage 10/27/2007

They got things back online sometime after midnight, EST. The outage was *planned* for midnight last night until early this morning, but there were unplanned issues that necessitated them taking the servers offline yesterday afternoon, and this continued until early this morning.

Unfortunately, their timing sucked, since I had to work a charity event all afternoon and until midnight last night, so I wasn't able to monitor this, and just hoped that they kept the schedule as they told it to me yesterday, when I called them with a 'what the heck' call before I left (Gotmead *always* has issues just as I'm walking out the door to something I can't miss, which is why I have to take my laptop camping......)

Sorry, it couldn't be anticipated. Luckily, moving to a new server location doesn't happen often, so we shouldn't see this again.
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Owner & Webmistress, Gotmead.com
    Executive Director, American Mead Makers Association
    http://www.mead-makers.org
    Making Mead since 1995