• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Rabbits Foot Meadery is the first to purchase an IMA Membership - Buy their mead

Barrel Char Wood Products

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Hi gang,

As you may know, I'm both a charter member, and one of the folks who help run the International Mead Association (http://www.meadfest.org), a trade association dedicated to promoting mead worldwide.

We just opened up memberships, with me sending an email to just under 100 English-speaking meaderies in the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. Within 10 minutes of this sending, Mike Faul, owner of Rabbits Foot Meadery, popped up to the site, clicked the Paypal button, and bought his yearly membership, kicking in $500 for his yearly membership, and kicking off the fund drive to put on the International Mead Festival.

So if you purchase mead, go to http://www.rabbitsfootmeadery.com, and buy from Mike. And tell him thanks from you and Gotmead for being the first member to respond to the IMA membership drive.

smoky

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 15, 2007
Word. They have the goods! A few years ago, I visited them when they were running things out of a small industrial park building. They were super friendly and let us taste everything they had to offer. Later, we even happened to see them at a mutual favorite dinner spot :cheers: Good people and great mead!

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
We like Mike, but I don't think Mike can ship to Illinois, my home state. :BangHead:

I've talked to our local people about putting mead on their shelves, but they tell me that state shipping laws make it difficult.

He makes great mead, I was able to sample his wares at the Chicago meadfest, and the 2004 meadfest.

Thanks Mike!

Zem

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Sep 14, 2005
Re: Rabbits Foot Meadery is the first to purchase an IMA Membership - Buy their

The only mead I see around here is white winter, a local company. How do I find out about shipping law wotnots?

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com

Go to the website, and drop Mike an email. He'll be able to tell you if he can ship to you, and if not, if he's got distribution in your state and where.

ucflumberjack

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 4, 2006
Im gonna spend most of my birthday money (if i get any) on mead so I can finally taste other peoples meads. To bad they are out of the mead of poetry. Keep us posted on any other new members.

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY

I had actually convinced my wife to go to Rabbit's Foot tomorrow, but it turns out they're not open on Sundays. Boo. But soon, very soon, I will have to drive down there (it's only 20 miles or so).

teljkon

Banned
May 28, 2007
Being that where on the subject of rabits foot mead. Whats up with the hand numbered part of the lable not being hand numbered.:tongue3: Seriouly though they do have great stuff both quality wise and price wise. When I get my comp back up and runing Ill have to send them a e-mail with a thanks for supporting the industrie. :happy10:

meadmax

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 11, 2006

Aw schucks!

Seriously though I really appreciate the business and especiallywant to say thanks to our fine hostess for putting up with us all and for providing tons to the IMA and to mead in general.

Thanks!!!

BTW - if you did get a bottle or two of mead and there was no barrel or bottle number on there I can tell you what barrel it came out of if you tell me the date you bought it.
I'll have to go beat the label person who missed those bottles.

Cheers

Mike

teljkon

Banned
May 28, 2007
Didnt want to get anyone in troulble! I can only relate the complaint of my fellow mead tasters at the brew club. I think the exact comment was, " why put the number and signature on there if somone isnt going to sign it. How much can it cost to get jhose to #/sign the thing!" I dont remeber whther it was not signed or if it didnt have a number it was over two months ago. Ultimatly though meadmax It matters whats in the bottle more than whats outside. Your doing a top notch job of that so Ill let you slide.

Im going to nudge a friend of mine that owns a wine store and carrys Redstone to carry rabbits foot. Is there any chance you can sweeten the pie a little for him he owns a small wine shop in gainsville & dose a tasting every friday. It may be a good chance to break into that market if your not geting any exposure there as it is. Pm me for his contact info.

:happy10:

Archer

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 2, 2008
Vancouver WA

Vicky - GM Founder said:
So if you purchase mead, go to http://www.rabbitsfootmeadery.com, and buy from Mike. And tell him thanks from you and Gotmead for being the first member to respond to the IMA membership drive.

Yeah Mike!!!!
The people at Rabbits Foot are great! It has become a Friday tradition for the people where I work to show up there at RabbitsFoot on Fridays and relax and unwind with the excellent meads/cysers/braggots they make. Yeah to Mike and Kelly and Maria!

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC

Yup!

Mike's setup is SCHAAAA-WEET! I was there at the time he was moving into his present location and getting settled in. What I saw convinced me that it would be a hit with the locals.

This is a great approach to engaging the mead-curious, and growing the awareness of mead as a great mainstream beverage!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns