• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Announcement: Lifetime membership given to those who helped Gotmead grow!

Barrel Char Wood Products

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Oskaar & I would like to extend our thanks to the following people who have gone *way* above and beyond in donating their time, efforts and money to getting Gotmead here.

You are all rock stars, and we wanted to thank you by setting up a special *Lifetime* Patron membership that cannot be bought with mere money. You bought it many times over with your love of mead and your support of Gotmead.com and you have our sincere thanks!

Angus Low
Dan McFeeley
JamesP
Joe Mattioli
Ken Schramm
Leonora
LostnBronx
Miriam
Scott Horner
Summersolstice
Wrathwilde
Yabodie

:wav:​
THANK YOU!!!!
:wav:​

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Yep, all of these lovely gentlemen and ladies (shout out to Leonora and Miriam) are seriously cool froods. (a free entree coupon at Milliways if you get that reference)

I lift a Pan-Galactic Gargleblaster to you!!! (ducking the brick...)

Vicky - who always loved Slartibartfast.......and Hotblack Desiato

Launcelot

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 9, 2007
Didn't that Ken guy write a book about Meat?

::ducks::

Seriously though, congrats folks, glad to see the place growing...

--L

ken_schramm

The Compleat Sybarite
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Jan 5, 2005
Troy, MI
Wow, I am honored. Coincidentally, I am finishing up a 16 year old dry metheglin right now. It was a bit reticent when opened, but has blossomed with some air, and is really enjoyable. The nose is magnificent. I had to go dust it off it when I ran out of the mixers I needed for another pitcher of Pan-Galactic Gargleblasters.

Launce, I cracked it while reworking the chapter on Rib Eyes for the second edition...

Thanks again,
Ken

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Dude, it is the *least* that I can do. Just make sure when the next edition of the book comes out to tell me as soon as you get your private stock in, we'll pull a virtual 'book table' and we'll make 'em all go away in a week or less here. I think we can account for a fair number of them....

This whole mess is *your* fault, y'know....it was that durn spice mead I sent in to the Mazer Cup lo these many years gone that got back interesting responses from all y'all judging that set me off on this mad venture...... :drunken_smilie:

Thanks for being the patron saint of mead, Ken (ducking the swing) really, I'm *serious*. You and your team made me think, which made me research, which led to the GM behemoth..........

butterlily5

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 23, 2008
Somewhere in Sacramento...
:notworthy: Ladies and gentlemen, Congratulations! I (and my husband) greatly appreciate all you have done, and done to help Vicky and Oskaar. :drunken_smilie: :toothy10: Thank you all so much! :icon_salut:

Angus

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 19, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
Vicky,

Thank you. I am honored indeed. I have gotten so much out of this site that nothing I do could ever pay you back. As always, you need anything, I am available.

Angus

P.S. I seem to have a slice of lemon stuck in my hair, but no gold brick. At least, I don't remember a gold brick. Wait, where was I last night?

yabodie

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 17, 2006
Vicky,
Wow, totally unexpected!!! I hope one day to pass on the knowledge I have gathered from here. Well I am trying to warp quite a few people at the local homebrew club, B.U.R.P. Folks now come up to me at meetings asking if I brought any mead...

Thanks much!!

Slowly, but surely we are conquering the world!!!

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Hi Vickie -- thanks ever so much. I'm touched and honored.

And thank you for kicking off the web site that has become a 'net Valhalla for meaders, and all the work you and Oskaar have put into this!

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Guys, you are most welcome. You deserve it, and Gotmead wouldn't be what it is now without all y'all. Thanks again for you you've done to help Oskaar and I get it here.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I'll echo what Vicky said below (I have my settings so the newest post is on the top of the thread instead of the bottom).

Really this is about forming a mead community that is excited about and committed to mead in all it's aspects and forms. We have the best collection of mead minds on the planet here at Got Mead in the Patrons Section and in the General Membership for that matter. I've been stalking Got Mead for a long time and lurked here way back when the site was but a shadow of what it is now. Vicky has made some stunning changes to this site since it's inception and it has grown exponentially since then. I signed up when I saw the activity on the site starting to slow down and the posts were starting to seem less lively. I just basically jumped up and posted to every thread out there so "Oskaar" was the only name you could see in the recent posts list. I came on acting like a fairly new meadmaker and asked certain questions to see who would answer. My reasoning was that people would get sick and tired of just seeing my posts and start to post back with more frequency and they did. We had a huge influx of people signing up and the recipes, ideas, quality of posts and general board activity took off.

I made a comment about the number of posts in November of 2004 finally hitting 4500, take a look at the number of posts then compared to now. We also had about 400 some odd members at that point.

Take a look now: Forum Stats 52401 Posts in 6163 Topics by 2579 Members.

So we've totally grown since that time and the people who have come aboard have made the difference with their posts, their knowledge, their willingness to share and support Got Mead, and to share their love of Mead. So to me all of you wonderful patrons, and those of you who are considering changing status to premium patron, are the main reason this site is what it is. You engender the spirit of what mead is and why it is such a diverse and universal drink.

My personal thanks to you all for your willingess to support and be an integral part of Got Mead!!

Cheers,

Pete

Leonora

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 16, 2006
Loveland, CO
www.ildanachstudios.com
*blush*

Thanks for the pat on the back, Vicky and Oskaar! I am so honored to be numbered among such an august group. Both of you are an inspiration and totally hoopy froods.

The Got Mead? community is an incredible group of talented and passionate folks. So many of the people on this site are so generous with their time and talent. I have learned so very much about the process art and science of making mead by pouring over the missives from the many talented brewers who take the time to share their sucesses and mistakes.

As Oskaar said at the International Mead Competition -- "It's all about da Mead!"

All the best,
Leonora

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Phreeow!!! Sass Vicky and that hoopy frood Oskaar, they've done it this time -

Lifetime Memberships (evil grin) - Here's to Power, Fame and complete domination over the lesser members. Bwahaha! I have only one word for those who haven't ponied up for a membership - Belgium.

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

P.S. - Is my lifetime membership good for reincarnations?

In an interesting side note, Douglas Adams wasn't the first to disparage belgium, there was a Monty Python sketch where game show contestants had to come up with a derogatory term for Belgium. I only remember two answers.

1. Let's not call them anything, let's just ignore them.
2. I can't think of anything worse than Belgium.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Reincarnations granted, but you have to get back to the reincarnate point, and the way back is populated by rabid SCA'ers with duct-tape wrapped sticks.

Funny you should bring up Belgium....LOL. There was a really great guy at the International Mead Competition this year from Belgium who was opening a new meadery...

Arjan

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 22, 2007
Vicky - the Meadwench said:
There was a really great guy at the International Mead Competition this year from Belgium who was opening a new meadery...

oh? any change you got some name/address?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns