• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Announcement: New Patron Level Available - discount to current Patrons

Barrel Char Wood Products

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Folks, I'm pleased to announce that I've created a new level of patron membership. It is called 'Premium Patron', and is available for only $50.00/year. Current patrons can upgrade for only $15 to this new level for the remainder of their memberships (if you're within a month or so of the end of your subscription, I'll put it in for the next 12 month period).

What, you may ask, is this new level? Why should you consider getting it?

I'm glad you asked!!!

With a Premium Patron membership, you get all the membership benefits of patrons, plus:
  • a custom recipe evaluation from Vicky and Oskaar
  • early access to limited participation items such as patron group brews, pilot yeast testing and other patron-only mead activities
  • plus a 50MB (instead of 30MB) Gotmead.com email account that has Postini spam-checking (98% of spam is eliminated) Learn more about Postini here. You can even forward your other emails through your Gotmead account and de-spam *all* of them!!!

Normally, having a Postini account on an independent email and shucking off spam forever costs about $3.00/month (that is if you bulk buy multiple emails), so that alone is more than worth the cost of upgrading. I've been test-driving this service for more than a month, and I've gone from hundreds of spammail a day to less than 5 per day. The rest get caught in my online Postini trap, and as I train the trap, I get less and less in the trap.

We also periodically will put together projects to test drive new products, create group brews to test recipes, and other nifty projects. Premium members will get advance notification of these limited-size events.

Finally, Oskaar and I will consult with you (via email) to help you craft that recipe that you're just *dying* to make into a powerhouse mead recipe that will give you that liquid panty remover you've been looking for (OK, maybe not that, but you'll get a rip-roaring good mead!).

If this sounds like the thing for you, here is how you sign on:

1) Current patrons, paypal $15 to gotmead@gotmead.com and put a note in the payment that it is for upgrading. I'll manually upgrade you when I get it.

2) Free registered users or guests, please login to your account (create one for free if you don't have one by clicking 'register' above in the forum menu), click 'Profile' in the forum menu, and click 'Paid Subscriptions' in the left menu when your profile comes up. Then click the 'order' button under 'Premium Patrons membership' to order.

You can use a major credit card at Paypal if you don't have Paypal funds. International orders are welcomed. If you prefer to use checks or money orders, please contact me for a mailing address. Online orders will be processed immediately. Mailed memberships will be set up when the funds clear.
Thanks so much to all who have already chosen to subscribe and support Gotmead as regular patrons. Fear not, there are benefits coming to you soon, including a new commercial mead review function, a dedicated Brewblog function right here in the forum, and several other nifty toys I'm looking over now. Of course, when we publish the 'Gotmead Guide to Making Good Mead', you'll get first grab, access to autographed copies and discounts.....

Yo momma

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 14, 2007
Flint, Michigan
I sent mine in! Well worth it.

By the way congrads to the hard work and dedication of all who recieved the free upgrade. Thanks for being there for us! :icon_salut:

wildaho

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
May 22, 2007
McCall, ID
wildaho.blogspot.com
Vicky,

Is this offer going to be going on for a while? The beer store I managed recently closed and I'm looking for other employment right now. It will be a priority though!

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Dude,

We'll definitely keep it open for our current patrons as a way of saying "Thank You" for your support and being the people who stepped up to support Got Mead. You're covered!

Cheers,

Oskaar

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
OK, Arjan, medsenfey, yo momma, skunkboy, GrantLee63 & WayneB, check your Gotmead.com email account for setup instructions for your spam trap.

A note to all those upgrading: When the site moves, we'll be resetting all these up again on the new server, with a new Postini spam trap. I signed up to be a reseller today so that I could get more control over the system, as the current host only lets me do minimal stuff. So be aware that I'll be announcing a specific move date soon (in about a week, after I coordinate with my move team), at which you'll need to prep your email accounts by downloading any saved mail on the Gotmead mail system.

Thanks again, all y'all, for your great support of Gotmead!!!!

Launcelot

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 9, 2007
2 vicodin and the last of the bottle shipped to me by Liff... ::hic::

I was planning on upgrading tonight, but to be honest... Paypal kicked my ass.

87 hours this week in 5 days. I am wasted... and now completely shitfaced.

My payment will be forthcoming... Or maybe I will bribe with meadowfoam ::laughing::

You know a complete bitch is? knowing that nothing of your own is mature enough to drink, and being out of the rather fine bit that was sent to ya...

Damnit Oskaar, you need to live closer... like staggering distance...

--L

Reactions: TheAlchemist

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Yup, something is screwy there. The regular patron membership works, but not that one. I'm working on it now. Gotta run out to get some x-rays and get the car inspected this afternoon, so I can't work on it just at the moment, but I'll post up when its fixed.

Thanks for the heads up, dude.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns