• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

I have SUCH good news!!

Barrel Char Wood Products

butterlily5

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 23, 2008
Somewhere in Sacramento...
I am pregnant!!! :toothy10:

I'm so excited!! Please pray for us, I haven't had much luck in this venue.

It does put a little bit of a hitch in my mead-tasting plans, tho. I'll still be brewing, and making mead, but my wonderful hubby gets to do the heavy lifting, and (such a sacrifice!) tasting. Ah, well, sacrifices must be made. No complaints here, tho! I'm pregnant!! eeeheeheehee!! :toothy9:

:lovestory:

vahan

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 27, 2006
Congrats!

Best of luck!

I guess you'll be bulk-aging your mead a little longer than anticipated! Though beer (and probably mead) does help breast milk come in after delivery!

As you can see by my avatar, I like kids.

cheers,
vahan

GrantLee63

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 19, 2006
Clarkston, MI
Way to go Butterlily5 !!!!! .... I remember when my wife told me the good
news for the first time almost 32 years ago ...... MAN !!! I'm getting old !!!

Kids sure are cool though ..... :headbang:

- GL63

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Congratulations!

Another future mead maker on the way!

Cheers,

Oskaar

UDV

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 20, 2008
NYC
Who is going to start a batch for them to deliver in nine months? :) Any good 9-month duration recipes?

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Awesome!! Congrats!

I agree, time to start planning on the 21-year mead. It's almost enough motivation for me to start having kids. ;D

And you know, they're being more and more forgiving of the alcohol thing. I'm sure you could sneak a few quality control checks in without any harm. You know, if you had to double-check the husband. ;)

ucflumberjack

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 4, 2006
Im thinking something with buckwheat honey, high alcohol content, lots of spices, and semi-sweet finish... lol Congratulations! I should be starting another braggot soon maybe itll be ready in 9 months. If its any good at that point ill send you some, you know, for the kids sake with the breast milk and all....

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
I will echo the hearty round of congrats!

Our prayers will be with you. We have 2 homegrown and 2 foster. My oldest homegrown has another 10 years and 3 months until he hits the magic 21... He loves to help me work around the mead - especially when we start a new batch. He found the last batch at 55 gallons to be an amazing experience. My daughter spent more time snitching bits of oranges than she spent "helping" but it is fun to have them around.

Keep us posted!

David

Launcelot

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 9, 2007
Congradulations!!!

It was the scariest and most exciting thing I ever heard nearly 13 years ago...

Then I got married.

To date I have never once had even a smidgeon of regret about it.

Welcome to the world of parenting... and ya thought mead was messy ::grins::

Next time you are down through my area Dinner is on me for the both of you!

--L

Lance

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 18, 2008
congrats, I got the same news 5 weeks ago.....now I am gonna have a mead maker/brewing assistant

fatbloke

good egg/snappy dresser.....
GotMead Patron
butterlily5 said:
I am pregnant!!! :toothy10:

I'm so excited!! Please pray for us, I haven't had much luck in this venue.

It does put a little bit of a hitch in my mead-tasting plans, tho. I'll still be brewing, and making mead, but my wonderful hubby gets to do the heavy lifting, and (such a sacrifice!) tasting. Ah, well, sacrifices must be made. No complaints here, tho! I'm pregnant!! eeeheeheehee!! :toothy9:

:lovestory:
Well done and congratulations from this side "of the pond".

I can't say that I'll "do" prayers. We're both agnostic/atheist, but that won't stop hopes of a fine, healthy child for you.

As for not having had much luck in such directions ? obviously all the "trying" has paid off :D

I don't follow why you feel that "it" should prevent you from enjoying the occassional drink though. As with anything, moderation is good, excess isn't. Hence a glass/unit (unit defined as about a 125ml measure of a wine @ 10 to 12% ABV) is unlikely to be an issue. So long as you generally consume a balanced, healthy diet then why should there be any problems ?

Again, well done and congrat's to both of you.

regards

fatbloke

p.s. Oh and if you find that you "crave" for a certain something, try not to choose anything too expensive or difficult to obtain :laughing7:

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Congratulations!

It'll be fun -- and of course, sometime down the road you'll be dropping hints to hubby that maybe your first born would like a brother or sister. ;D ;D ;D

A 21 year batch -- any votes for heather honey?

fatbloke

good egg/snappy dresser.....
GotMead Patron
Dan McFeeley said:
Congratulations!
It'll be fun -- and of course, sometime down the road you'll be dropping hints to hubby that maybe your first born would like a brother or sister. ;D ;D ;D
A 21 year batch -- any votes for heather honey?
Well it'd get my vote, but I understood that it's difficult/expensive to get "Stateside"? Is that right ?

I mean, I've got a batch of heather honey mead (1 gallon) that's just close to finishing the ferment i.e. it's at about 1003 but as it started at 1140 and I used K1V, I'm surprised that it's got that low :D

Irrespective, it tastes a little rough, but the yeast and honey combination tells me that that's to be expected. Once it's strained (it's got some weird granular looking sediment in the bottom of the fermenter at the moment) and racked, I suspect it'll age quite nicely (I'm gonna put a bit more honey in it anyway as I like sweet meads - about the 1015 mark).

I doubt I'd be able to keep it that long though - I'd have to bury it in the garden or something daft :tard:

regards

fatbloke

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns