Thread: Premium Honey in Central Iowa

1. Default Premium Honey in Central Iowa

Hey everyone,
    I'm new to the site but not new to mead. If you live in central Iowa I found an amazing place for premium raw honey today. And by raw I mean it was spun from the comb 5 minutes ago, no heat, no filtering, no messing whatsoever. It is in Perry Iowa. I detailed the entire trip there with photos etc herehttp://brewpig.blogspot.com/2008/08/...-for-mead.html. I am in no way affiliated with this guy and he didn't ask me to do this. He is currently spinning combs and has amazing early honey. I think he would ship you some but I don't know. The best way to get in touch with him is by phone. It takes them a while to get around to emails. He is the nicest guy. We talked for almost an hour about honey, bees and uses for honey. He has been getting a ton of meadmakers buying honey lately which I think speaks well for the hobby.

Anyway if you want primo honey get on the phone. He says he only has it this fresh for about a month and a half a year.

The Fusel Shack, in the swamp west of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Default Re: Premium Honey in Central Iowa

Welcome brewpig!

Thanks for the post and the link. It is always good to find sources of good honey. What are you planning for such a special batch of honey?
    Lanne pase toujou pi bon
    (Past years are always better)

3. Default Re: Premium Honey in Central Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by Medsen Fey
    Welcome brewpig!

Thanks for the post and the link. It is always good to find sources of good honey. What are you planning for such a special batch of honey?
    I'm thinking of a somewhat sweet finish peach/ginger mead. There are some awesome peaches in the grocery store right now. I bought 24 pounds of the honey so I'm also planning at least a few gallons of show mead.