• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Commander SAAZ Interplanetary Hombrew Blastoff 2008

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Hey all you Got Meaders out there!! I just received this notice from Glenn Exline who works with me on the Home Mead Maker Competition every year. We use his online registration sofware and competition software for the HMMC as well. Glenn is an excellent brewer and meadmaker, and he is as rabid about impartiality and across the board fair judging as I am.

The Commander is Coming!!!!

The 14th annual Commander SAAZ Interplanetary Homebrew Blastoff is coming soon. We are expecting this year to be even bigger and better than last year, especially since we are the second to last competition in the Florida Homebrew Circuit and are also a MCAB (Masters Championship of Amateur Brewing) qualifying event.

To try to foster more out of state participation as a MCAB qualifying event, and to help our homebrew brethren out with shipping costs, we are offering a $1 per entry discount for entries shipped from out of state. This means that entries for out of state brewers are only $5 for all categories except Rocket Fuel, which will be $4 per entry for “Out of Staters”. What a deal!!

The main event will be September 27th at the Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach Oceanfront in beautiful Cocoa Beach (very near ‘I dream of Jeannie Blvd’). Reservations can be made at the Holiday Inn (321-783-2271). The group code is BCS (Beer Club SAAZ).

The Commander SAAZ page is updated with all of the current info. For folks interested in this year’s Splashdown Party info, it should be on the website in the next week or so.

Entry cutoff this year is September 10th, so you have plenty of time to get your bottles packed and ready to go. And don’t forget those Rocket Fuel entries! There is lots more information on our website (including the rules and entry information): www.saaz.org.

See here for complete contest rules.

The Commander Thanks You!!!

afdoty

NewBee
Staff member
Registered Member
Feb 19, 2009
Monroe, CT
I don't know for sure, but Glenn and Dani have been running it for years, so unless something has radically changed, I would expect them to put up an announcement for the next one sometime in the next couple of months.

Cool... Thanks Wayne

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns