Thread: Gotmead Certified Recipes

Default Gotmead Certified Recipes

Gang, and especially Patrons,

I'm collecting 'certified' recipes into one area so that folks can easily find them. You can see the site recipes that I've collected from around the web, and that I'm in the process of extracting from the forum here. Notice the big 'Gotmead Trusted' icon for the certified section.

They will be limited to Patrons and above, while we'll still have the huge collection of recipes in the main recipe area for folks to draw on and use. However, I want to be able to provide you with a collection of proven recipes that we know are good. So many of the web recipes produce less than ideal mead.

If you wish to join the Great Recipe Collection and Collation Project, let me know, and start submitting recipes from your stash and from the forum. If your recipe is 'certifiable', i.e. it can be shown that it has been made multiple times and each one was good (we'd need to test drive a bottle), that recipe will get the 'Gotmead Trusted' stamp.

Anyway, take a look at the recipe, and email me if you'd like to help collect the recipes from the forum so we can get them all in one place.......

Here's how to submit a recipe:

1. Login to the main site at http://www.gotmead.com
    2. Go to the recipe section (left menu, about halfway down)
    3. Scroll down and you'll see a recipe menu under the login box
    4. Click 'submit recipe' and enter your recipe. Please be sure to put in ingredients, steps, yield, OG/FG and such.
    5. Once you've saved it, I go in and approve it and categorize it. If you want this recipe to be certified, contact me for further instructions....

Thanks a lot, and enjoy the site!!!
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Owner & Webmistress, Gotmead.com
    Executive Director, American Mead Makers Association
    http://www.mead-makers.org
    Making Mead since 1995

Default Re: Gotmead Certified Recipes

Kool!

Evergreen, CO (west of and above the Denver smog!)

I'm posting my Christmas Spice for certification, if you're so inclined. It's already a Patron's Recipe, but it has been made many times (not just by me) with consistent results and everyone liked it well enough at the last HMMC for it to earn a bronze medal, so I figure it's good to go.

BTW - it is an "intermediate" skill level recipe, but the results are well worth the work needed to keep that finicky Montrachet yeast happy.
    Na zdrowie!

Wayne B.

Categorized and approved. Thanks Wayne!
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Making Mead since 1995

My Social Networking

Add sandman on Facebook

Well, I've only been making mead for a bit over a year so far so I guess I've got nothing to contribute as yet. Maybe in a year or two I'll have made enough or had others try my recipes themselves to consider my recipes worthy. Until then I'll just keep posting them in the Patron's area under Recipes and/or in the Brewlogs.

Great idea though Vicky. Nothing like having a definitive list of proven recipes to draw from. Don't forget about "the book" either. I'll be buying a copy as soon as it hits distribution (or pdf publication).

If some of your recipes get picked up and done by other patrons and they get the same results, that will put them into certified...

The book will be a real book, not a pdf. There is no way to protect a pdf from being passed around and copied.....
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Making Mead since 1995