• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Patron Chat!!

Barrel Char Wood Products

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Hi gang,

OK, the chat rooms are *open*!! For you patrons/premium patrons/lifetime patrons, we now have chat rooms integrated here on the site.

You can access them via the left menu <==, or on your Quicklinks under flashchat.

If you have problems, we need EXACT information, and what browser and revision of that browser you're using along with java settings, firewall,
pop up blockers, spyware removers, etc. General 'it doesn't work for me' posts and emails will not be handled. Give me full data for troubleshooting, please.

Have at and have fun!!

Vicky

Yo momma

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 14, 2007
Flint, Michigan
It won't let me log in? I also know you want the computer knowledge area explained but I am not the brains in this family

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Dude,

We need more than that. See Vicky's message for the particulars. We don't expect Hexadecimal level information, but we do need browser, antivirus, and java setting information at minimum. Without this we're going to be chasing the proverbial needle in the haystack and we don't have that type of support model in place. We're doing this on spare and borrowed time so it is incumbent on our Patrons to find this information or learn how to find the information so we can help you resolve the issue.

thanks,

PMB

wildaho

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
May 22, 2007
McCall, ID
wildaho.blogspot.com
I was able to get in with no problems.

System:

• Browser: Firefox 3.03
  • Firewall: ZoneAlarm Free 7.0483
  • Java: Java 1.6.0
  • Anti-Virus: Avast Antivirus 4.8
  • Pop-up blocker: Built in Firefox
  • Anti-Spy: Handled by Avast
  • Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition SP3
I know you don't necessarily need to know what works but is this the level of info that you are looking for?

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I was able to get in with no problems.

System:

• Browser: Firefox 3.03
  • Firewall: ZoneAlarm Free 7.0483
  • Java: Java 1.6.0
  • Anti-Virus: Avast Antivirus 4.8
  • Pop-up blocker: Built in Firefox
  • Anti-Spy: Handled by Avast
  • Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition SP3
I know you don't necessarily need to know what works but is this the level of info that you are looking for?

This is a great example of the type of information we need. Very easy to find and forward to us.

Thanks dude,

PMB

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Yep, that level will do. 90% of the tech support requests I get are 'its broke and I can't make it work, help me!!!!', which doesn't really address the situation, and generally makes me want to respond with a smart-alec remark....LOL.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Dunno Wildaho. I logged in as my patron account, was able to get right in, and then went and read some posts, then tried again, it was ok. Tried logging out and back in, still ok.

Try clearing cookies.....

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
We will have more that's for sure. This is a more robust environment than we had before so our chat function is totally integrated with the forum software and ready to really serve us well.

Cheers,

PMB

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
OK, I checked your user profile, and it showed you as registered, and secondary a patron. I changed it to show you primary a patron. Try that, and see if you get in.....

Leonora

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 16, 2006
Loveland, CO
www.ildanachstudios.com
Just had a nice chat with Medsen and Oskaar. It's a really good chat room.

Except it kept gagging over any word that started with b and ended with h - like British or both and kept censoring it to: b***h. Very funny. And didn't seem to mind some of the other more, um, colorful terms.

Leonora

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
LOL...funny, considering I haven't loaded any stop words.....I'll have to check the settings.

Glad you're liking it....don't pay any attention to the subliminal words......::BUY MEAD::

wayneb

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Hey, Vicky -- I just logged into chat with no apparent problems, although there was a particular issue that I already identified to Pete. If you're still online, can I try an actual chat with you? I'll open a window with the chat app running now...

Wayne

Never mind -- I just exchanged messages with JamesP in the Hive chatroom. All is OK!!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns