Thread: Tables within posts?

Default Tables within posts?

Is there anyway to create a simple HTML-style table within a post? I don't see a likely candidate in the BB code, and I see that HTML code within posts is turned off.

HTML is turned off as part of most standard forums security profile. Can you give me an idea of what you need to use the table for? Perhaps we can find a work around.

Update:

I did some checking and the table code is not part of the core vBulletin function without turning on HTML, our old forum (SMF) was the same way. The only way to do a table would be to apply a hack to our forums, and honestly that's not really something I'm inclined to do based on the security agreement with the vBulletin folks. We'll keep our eyes open though.
    Is it tasty . . . precious?

Quote Originally Posted by PBakulic View Post
    HTML is turned off as part of most standard forums security profile.
    Understood. I had some web development experience way back in the day (late-90's), so I completely relate to how a system can be subverted if you don't lock it down tight. The BB markup language provides the vast majority of what most people need in this context.

Quote Originally Posted by PBakulic View Post
    Can you give me an idea of what you need to use the table for? Perhaps we can find a work around.
    What I had in mind is the ability to create, for example, a table of honey suppliers. As a workaround, I will just do a bulleted list.

And thanks for the update. It may be a useful addition to the BB markup language. Obviously you would want it greatly simplified from the HTML equivalent much as the other BB codes are, e.g., LIST, etc..

If you're looking for honey suppliers, the best resource we've found online, so far, seems to be Honey Locator.

Cheers,
    Jered Talbot
    (Wrathwilde)

Quote Originally Posted by WRATHWILDE View Post
    If you're looking for honey suppliers, the best resource we've found online, so far, seems to be Honey Locator.
    Yes, thanks, I am familiar with this site, but you misunderstand: I am not looking for suppliers, but instead wanted to create a small table summarizing known suppliers of a specific varietal honey and perhaps some notes about them in the context of a specific thread.

It would be better if lists of suppliers were added to our supplier list.
    http://www.gotmead.com/index.php?opt...sobi&Itemid=34

Then all could find it easily, using a much easier search for location. Put the varietal info in the text area, and I'll create an index for it when I upgrade the index, which I'm working on now.

Pete or Wrath or someone, could you add the links for the other thread to our honey listings?

I'm off to continue working on the new main site template and upgrading the supplier listings to be easier to navigate, and am also re-doing all the menus on the main site to make it easier to find stuff......
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Owner & Webmistress, Gotmead.com
    Executive Director, American Mead Makers Association
    http://www.mead-makers.org
    Making Mead since 1995

I can add them. Bit of time on my hands now.

Angus
    Chan fhíach cuírm gun a còmhradh

A feast is no use without good talk.

Thanks Angus!!
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Owner & Webmistress, Gotmead.com
    Executive Director, American Mead Makers Association
    http://www.mead-makers.org
    Making Mead since 1995