• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

I can't see public profiles, why?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Dude, you wanna fill in a little more detail please? Remember when you're bringing up an issue please be specific with details. Browser version, O/S etc. Details make it a little easier for us to track things down.

We're tightening down security on the forums so it's likely this is a result that can be remedied quickly as it is probably just a setting change.

Going forward please state the issue, for example:

I'm having issues with viewing my own public profile as well as anyone else's. Looks like this just started today. I'm using FireFox version x.x or I.E. x.x and running Windows x.x, etc.

This is more constructive and informative than "I'm having a problem, Why?"

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

capoeirista13

Honey Master
Registered Member
Aug 17, 2008
Philadelphia
OK, so I am on a windows PC which uses XP. I am using Firefox, it is V 3.0.4. Today is the first day that I noticed I can't view anyone's public profile, including my own. It brings me to a page where it says I don't have permission to access this part of the site. It's the same thing that happens when you click on a Patron's board if you aren't a patron.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Please log out of the forum, clear your cache, cookies and browsing history, close your browser and then restart your browser.

Log back into the forums and your problem should be fixed. If it isn't fixed please let us know and if there are additional error messages, redirects or something you may not have noticed before please include that as well.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns