• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

frame sizes

Barrel Char Wood Products

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
The basic info:
Windows XP on a PC
Firefox 3.0.4
Browser window open to full screen size at 1024x768 resolution (small laptop monitor)

Ok, here's my query: Is there a way to make the frames auto-size to the browser window? The posts always bleed off to the right and I have to scroll over to read the last word or two on each line. It's not a big deal, but hey it's worth asking. :)

Thanks and the new features are fun!

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
The basic info:
Windows XP on a PC
Firefox 3.0.4
Browser window open to full screen size at 1024x768 resolution (small laptop monitor)

Ok, here's my query: Is there a way to make the frames auto-size to the browser window? The posts always bleed off to the right and I have to scroll over to read the last word or two on each line. It's not a big deal, but hey it's worth asking. :)

Thanks and the new features are fun!

I don't know if you have collapsed the drop-down menu on the left-hand side of the site or not (there's a little up arrow that you can click to roll it up) but that may be helpful. The forum is set to mount 95% of the available width of the resolution of your screen whatever size it happens to be. I've tried it smaller, but it's very cramped when I look at it when the horizontal width is set to 90% or below.

If you have the left side roll up menu turned off and it's still scrolling off I don't know what we can do. If this is common for others out there, be sure to chime in and I'll go ahead and drop it to 90% horizontal utilization.

Lemme know. :)

wildaho

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
May 22, 2007
McCall, ID
wildaho.blogspot.com
Hey Pete, thanks for the tip! I was having the same problem as Aaron and I'm running at 1280x1024, although not running full screen. If I closed my bookmarks (in FireFox) everything was fine. Now I don't have to close them.

Odinsson

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 14, 2008
I was also having this problem on my laptop but not at work on the widescreen. I haven't checked at home yet but It deffinatly almost centered the thread posts on the widescreen. I think this will solve the porblem at home aswell.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns