Thread: Ren Faires?

Default Ren Faires?

Hello.
    I was wondering if anyone visits their local Renaissance Fairs. I ask this as I prepare to attend the Palm Springs California event on March 20, 21, and 22, 2009. If ya make it out this way, I'll be the one leaning on the Rabbit's Foot Mead wagon. Someone has to hold it up.
    Wassail Xixist

I hit the Sterling Festival at least once each season.

The mead there is usually provided by Montezuma but at least one year Earle Estates had the concession.

3. Default

I've been to the one in Tuxedo, NY, they sell the "mead" from Brotherhood Winery. After one of those, I quickly went back to beer.

The renfair in Ansonia, CT, had mead from the Long Island Meadery. The same with the Medieval Festival in Fort Tryon, Manhattan. I wonder if the Manhattan Meadery will try to get in this year.

Phil

I used to be a regular at the Maryland RenFaire when i lived there. That was a total blast and they had a cart that served some incredible mead, wines and mead/wine blends.

We just have a really small one here in Alaska. Really the only thing I've enjoyed about it the past couple years has been hanging out in the Tavern and enjoying the incredible beers and meads that are made in this state while watching some entertaining theatre

Texas has both spring (Waxahachie / Dallas) and fall (Plantersville / Houston) festivals. I haven't ever been to the spring one and it's been a few years since I went to the fall one. Roadtrips are in order this year to report on the mead offerings. -- Olen

I attend the Bristol Ren Faire in Kenosha, Wisconsin several times a year (drop me a PM if you do as well). It's an awesome faire, however their mead is The Crap. It's basically nothing more then white wine with honey added to it.

- Brett

The Fusel Shack, in the swamp west of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

I love the Fla Ren Fest held down here in Deerfield Beach. It goes on for 5 or six weekends and starts in a couple of weeks. When I've been, though, they don't sell any good mead - I think it was Chaucer's last time.

Last year, the BeeFolks were there, and I had the chance to taste lots of honeys. I hope they'll be there again.

Medsen
    Lanne pase toujou pi bon
    (Past years are always better)

8. Default

I've been going to the Greater Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival for a couple of years now. Always a load of fun!

My Social Networking

Add sandman on Facebook

I'm planning on taking my family out to our local fair this year. It's just east of Phoenix.
    It looks like it'll be a blast.

Sandman, The Az ren far can be quite fun. The dead Bob show is good. But don't miss the Don Jon and Megal show. You could sit there an see every show on both days and no 2 shows would be exactly the same. They crak each other up and just go with it. the last show of the day is normally the best. They seem to add the days cut ups into that show.

The Mud man show or what ever it's called was just weird. I didn't get it.

bring lots of $5s. last time I was there most of the food was $5 each for what ever.
    Last edited by Bryon; 02-02-2009 at 06:53 AM.

Hmm...
    I'm thinking Ren Faire..midevil...bartering... I may just bring me a couple bottles and trade for something sharp and dangerous.
    Xixist

Evergreen, CO (west of and above the Denver smog!)

Bee careful! Although quite common in the Renaissance, trading alcohol for anything without a permit in these moderne tymes (and the requisite payment of associated federal and state taxes) can quickly land you in the klink. Do so at your own risk, and perhaps with a little subtlety and deference to the public setting....
    Na zdrowie!

Wayne B.