• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Phishing or Legit Gotmead Security Mail Update?

Barrel Char Wood Products

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
I just got this in my mailbox...

Dear user of the gotmead.com mailing service!

We are informing you that because of the security upgrade of the mailing service your mailbox (wrathwilde@gotmead.com) settings were changed. In order to apply the new set of settings click on the following link:

http://gotmead.com/owa/service_dire...mead.com&from=gotmead.com&fromname=wrathwilde

Best regards, gotmead.com Technical Support.

Just wanting to know if you did in fact update the accounts? I didn't click on the link, but copied it and pasted it to my browser. The text in blue was inserted in the address when I pasted, which makes me think someone is fishing for passwords. That and I'm used to notifications being signed by Vicky or Pete.

http://gotmead.com.oikkkkuh.co.uk/owa/service_directory/settingsphp?email=wrathwilde@gotmead.com&from=gotmead.com&fromname=wrathwilde

Anybody else get this email? I'm emailing Pete and Vicky to see if it's legit.

Wrathwilde

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Good catch Wrath.

Bottom line is if it's from Vicky, Gotmead or I, it will resolve back to GotMead.com.

Thanks for the vigilance!

Pete

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Phishing Round 2

Hey Pete and Vicky-

I Just got another one...

Dear user of the gotmead.com mailing service!

We are informing you that because of the security upgrade of the mailing service your mailbox (wrathwilde@gotmead.com) settings were changed. In order to apply the new set of settings click on the following link:

http://gotmead.com/owa/service_dire...mead.com&from=gotmead.com&fromname=wrathwilde

Best regards, gotmead.com Technical Support.

The Subject Lines for both emails are as follows...

#1 - For the owner of the wrathwilde@gotmead.com e-mail account

#2 - A new settings file for the wrathwilde@gotmead.com has just been released

In the first case the "Sender" was identified as robot@gotmead.com
In the second case the "Sender" was alert@gotmead.com

Since I've never known gotmead, or anyone ever, to put a email address in the subject line, you or Vicky might want to update the filter to automatically flag anything with @gotmead in the subject line as spam.

Cheers,
Jered (Wrathwilde)

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns