• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Buttons all screwy ~ anybody else?

Barrel Char Wood Products

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
When I went to edit a post, instead of a [save] button the buttons said [vote now], [cancel]. When I went to re-edit the post just a minute later there were 3 buttons - [cancel], [x], [cancel]. Yes two cancel buttons, one where the [vote now] button was on the first edit. Also when I open an embedded pic instead of a [x] for close I get [vote]. Anybody else getting screwy text in the buttons?

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

afdoty

NewBee
Staff member
Registered Member
Feb 19, 2009
Monroe, CT
I have gotten a "vote" box at the top of one thread. I've been able to edit. The "X" appears on the pic page. Except for a very slow browser, everything seems to be working fine.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Haven't seen that behavior myself.

What browsers, O/S (revision) and AV/Firewall/Malware/Spam filtration are you folks using?

Cheers,

Oskaar

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Push my buttons

..The Buttons are working fine for me right now, displaying what they should. Haven't been posting on the site much recently, but I'd say I started noticing the wonky buttons about a month ago. At this time they have appeared to revert to their std. descriptions.

Jesters Meadery

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 14, 2009
Rancho Murieta Ca
When I went to edit a post, instead of a [save] button the buttons said [vote now], [cancel]. When I went to re-edit the post just a minute later there were 3 buttons - [cancel], [x], [cancel]. Yes two cancel buttons, one where the [vote now] button was on the first edit. Also when I open an embedded pic instead of a [x] for close I get [vote]. Anybody else getting screwy text in the buttons?

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

Wrath,

Depending on what browser and plugins installed thatwill tell us what troubble shooting steps you will have to preform.

A good step is first to clear cache and cookes.

In Ie 6 to clear cache and Cookies :

Click > Tools > internet options > delete Cookies > THEN > delete temp files (always include off line content) > THEN > click> Settings > click> Radio buton Check for newer versions of the web page >SELECT > Always > click> ok > THEN > Ok.

In IE 7 and 8 the same proccess is folowed but both cookes and cache will be deleted once you select the delete button. You will be presented with a options dialog box select delete. You may wish to uncheck the preserve favorites ( if you have got mead in your favs we need to be able to delete
the cookies cache as its the site you are having probems with.)

For Firefox -

Tools > Privacy > remove individual cookies. Select gotmead.com and delete.

Tyr these steps and get back to me :)

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns