• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you GotMeaders!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
From my perch here in scenic So Cal I wish you all:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Cheers,

Oskaar

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Happy Thanksgiving!

What is everyone having for dinner?

My wife and I are wussing out on cooking and heading to Half Moon Bay for some tidepooling, beach walking, and dinner that arrives with no effort. Sorry, family!

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
We're having the usual Thanksgiving fare--turkey, roast beef, mashed potatoes, dressing, etc. The turkey's brining under ice right now, the potatoes are peeled and waiting in water to be boiled tomorrow, and pies made. About 14 people here tomorrow. I hope everyone's Thanksgiving is nice, and that we all have something to be thankful for!

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Likewise, happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I'll be working the ER later on today, and I'm sure we'll be admiting patients to the unit. We still take care of our patients for the holidays -- they'll be getting a Thanksgiving banquet at noon, with family and friends invited.

Remember to give thanks, and a prayer (if that is part of your faith beliefs) for those who are not in the best of circumstances.

--

fatbloke

good egg/snappy dresser.....
GotMead Patron
Well.............!

Well just because we don't have a similar thing this side if the pond, doesn't mean that I can't hope that you (all in the US) have a peaceful and enjoyable thanks giving celebration........

Good on yer and have a nice one....

regards

fatbloke

sandman

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Feb 5, 2007
Hartford, Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Turkey was running (ready for this?) $7/lb at the commissary this week so we bought prime rib instead. It was considerably cheaper. ;D

I'm also planning on breaking out a bottle of either elderberry or spiced polish dwojniak for the occasion. My wife also already has a good batch of her famous cranberry relish prepared. That would be the relish I based my Christmas Cranberry recipe on. *yum*

crowquill

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Jan 13, 2008
Syracuse NY
Our turkey will be wrapped in bacon. We'll be opening our first bottle of Fall Bounty Cider that we started a year ago.

It's a special Thanksgiving for us. Last year, my wife was in the middle of chemo for breast cancer and this year she is cancer free. It may also be the last Thanksgiving with our oldest boy in awhile as he is getting ready to graduate from college and who knows where he'll be this time next year.

socpsy

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 23, 2009
NW Arkansas
www.socpsy.com
Last year it was lobster for T-giving, but this year it will be salmon steaks. We'll also pop open a bottle of JAO and/or a sage ginger mead that I made this summer.

happythanksgiving.gif

wayneb

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Happy Turkey Day, everyone!!

Of course this year we'll be having having a dry-cured, smoked ham for dinner tonight, :eek: since tomorrow during our "Black Friday Bash" we'll have a house full of people ready to devour another helping of the more traditional holiday fowl. Moving our Turkey Day to Friday has become something of a tradition for us here in Colorado, since we have no extended family within 1200 miles of this place and all of our friends are usually with their families tonight. But after an "intense" morning on Friday of hitting the stores and malls (or alternately, after an equally intense morning of recovery from the first round of holiday engorgement!), it is funny how everyone is usually hungry again for our special roast turkey and mead-based gravy, not to mention all the other goodies (and bottles of mead) that happen to show up around the table!

For that matter, if any of you happen to be nearby and want to join in the festivities, feel free to show up tomorrow around 4PM. I come from a very traditional, very HUGE Polish-American family (For instance, I have 54 first cousins!!) so it isn't really a holiday party at our house if we don't have at least 30 invited people here, with most of the neighbors and the occasional random visitor off the street dropping by to see what all the fuss is about! ;D (If you're seriously interested, PM me and I'll send you our address.)

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Well just because we don't have a similar thing this side if the pond, doesn't mean that I can't hope that you (all in the US) have a peaceful and enjoyable thanks giving celebration.......

We Americans have a Holiday for everything... except Premature Ejaculation, but Congress says it's coming quickly.

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

storm1969

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 13, 2005
Columbia, MD
We have the typical fare, plus a few extra's. My wife is the best I know at cooking a Turkey feast....

I will be opening 2 Pinot Noirs with dinner. A Kosta Browne and a Papapiettro Perry.

Probably not a Mead, even though I have a strawberry mead chilling for those that like a sweeter wine.

Turkey is in, dinner will be ready at just about 5

Everybody have a great Thanksgiving!

AToE

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 8, 2009
Calgary AB Canada
Your's is when it is only because if Canada celebrated the holiday on the last week in November more than half of the country wouldn't yet be dug out from the first October snow! ;D

True enough! Though we're having a weird time right now where I live, no snow yet, very odd.

buzzerj

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 22, 2009
San Jose CA
Oskaar beat me to it but Happy Thanksgiving to all Gotmeaders from members, newbees, lurkers, patrons, mentors to everybody. Happy Thanksgiving to one and all! Fantastic site Vicky and Oskaar. Thanks to all for the great advise and good banter. It's always entertaining and frequently informative to visit Gotmead. Cheers to everyone and for those with a nicely aged mead, today is a great day to celebrate the gifts that we've been given. What's the best mead to go with turkey anyway?

Buzzer

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns