• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Suggestion: weekly topics

Barrel Char Wood Products

mjhughes

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 13, 2009
Clifton Park NY
www.facebook.com
I think it would be fun and educational to have a weekly topics to discuss. We could all gather information on whats new and cutting edge in mead.

we could have topics like:
sanitation
fermentation
honey selection
presentation of finished meads
etc.

It could almost be put together from some of the great posts I have seen in the forums.

Just a suggestion

Love the site otherwise

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Not a bad idea at all. It would help to direct some of the questions that kind of run in a ton of different directions.

Thanks for posting this.

Oskaar

capoeirista13

Honey Master
Registered Member
Aug 17, 2008
Philadelphia
Actually this reminds me of something that the admins do on another forum I frequent (www.bodyweightculture.com) They have things called 'nuggets of gold.' Whenever there is a unique bit of information that they think is useful and in-depth enough to warrant it's own thread they post it up. It's like an advanced version of a FAQ or newbie guide. My description of it was pretty terrible but if you visit the site you can see what I mean.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
We'll go ahead and set up a forum for this after the Mazer Cup. We're all up to our elbows in alligators at the moment.

Thanks,

Oskaar

AToE

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 8, 2009
Calgary AB Canada
Cool, this would be good for all the new people who have a hard time using the search function to locate info (to be fair it is often very difficult to find specific info that way), should be easier to point them to an existing thread on whatever the topic of their (or my in many cases...;)) confusion is.

socpsy

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 23, 2009
NW Arkansas
www.socpsy.com
Looking forward to this!
thumbs.gif

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns