Thread: BJCP Certification

Default BJCP Certification

While stewarding at the Mazer Cup, and after suggestion by WayneB, I realized that A BJCP would not only be fun to obtain, but also would help me to make better mead.

I would like to get a group together to study for the BJCP, so if there is anyone else in the front range area that would want to study together, let me know. I was also wondering if there are any judges is this area that would want to mentor me/a group to get the BJCP.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Michael
    Michael

Not all those who wander are lost.
    -J.R.R Tolkien

I have been in a study group for the last two months, meeting at one of the members home in Lafayette on Wednesday nights. I will check with the group organizers and see how much room we will have for additions as we already have 6, and two more possible. We have had a few more interested since the weekend, and if the group grows much we would possibly need to find a meeting place which could accomodate more people.

WesU.

Pamela is working on getting the MJCP test in NoCo sometime this fall.

I'm thinking of that as fun!
    "Spanky, Sparky, Buckwheat the Fourteenth - doing the right thing starts first thing in the morning, not after you are caught." -- John Criton FarScape

The real treasure is the second half of that study guide. Its like the complete guide to such frequently asked questions as nutrient addition.

I'm jealous I would love to do that sometime down the road.
    "There is no bee without the sting; cleverness consists in gathering the honey nevertheless." - Sri Sathya Sai Baba

My Social Networking

Follow Beertracker On Twitter Add Beertracker on Facebook Add Beertracker on Google+

Thumbs up

I'm not in your area, but I would be happy to offer guidance or point you to someone that can from the BJCP CEP. I've ran several BiCEP's over the years and I'm an exam grader in the program.
    CHEERS! Beertracker

"Mead is the ancient liquor of Gods and men, the giver of knowledge and poetry, the healer of wounds, and the bestower of immortality." ~ Lt. Col. Robert Gayre - Brewing Mead: Wassail! In Mazers of Mead

We are also looking at whether it would be feasible to add an MJCP (Mead Judge Certification Program) test to next year's Mazer Cup. This is still in the very preliminary stages though.