Thread: Excellent idea!

Default Excellent idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Oskaar View Post
    Go for it Ken! I'm going to give this thread it's own forum to live in called "Customer Service - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!"
    Everyone knows the best price is not always the best deal. Especially if the deal comes with headaches. Customer service makes all the difference in the world. It will help the members here locate some of those hard-to-find items plus a good mix of price and service.

I would also encourage those here to become a member at resellerratings.com to help let the homebrewing community, as a whole, know about the good the bad and the ugly. Which reminds me, I've had a couple of good purchaing experiences as of late and need to follow my own advice and post them at resellerratings.

Please remember to stay on topic, or post your own new thread so as not to thread-jack.

Thanks,

Oskaar
    Is it tasty . . . precious?

Quote Originally Posted by Oskaar View Post
    Please remember to stay on topic, or post your own new thread so as not to thread-jack.

Thanks,

Oskaar
    Thread jack? Not the intent.

The "excellent idea" to which I was referring was giving kudos for having a forum to discuss good and bad purchasing experiences.

The suggestion to join resellerratings was an expansion of that idea: to disseminate that information to a larger community, including the Lufthansa experience (and others e.g. such as St. Pat's Brewing Supplies). The grievances would be aired, additionally, to an even bigger audience. In effect, it would reward merchants for the good experiences and penalize them for the bad.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.
    Last edited by PitBull; 04-14-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PitBull View Post
    Thread jack? Not the intent.

The "excellent idea" to which I was referring was giving kudos for having a forum to discuss good and bad purchasing experiences.

The suggestion to join resellerratings was an expansion of that idea: to disseminate that information to a larger community, including the Lufthansa experience (and others e.g. such as St. Pat's Brewing Supplies). The grievances would be aired, additionally, to an even bigger audience. In effect, it would reward merchants for the good experiences and penalize them for the bad.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.
    No misunderstanding and no offense taken.

When you post off subject in another thread (your OP was in Ken's Lufthansa post/thread) attention is diverted away from the original poster's subject.

We tend to meander like cats here and we have not been overly vigilant about this, but we're trying to get better and be more timely. If you look at some of our other "pun" threads you'll see I'm as bad as anyone else on the board when it comes to wandering across the threads, but, I'm really making an effort to police myself and in so doing, watch for others (in a non-judgmental way) as well.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Default Doh!

I do a fair amount of air travel, but only domestically. When I made my original response, I was thinking that Lufthansa was a supplier of homebrew products with whom I was not familiar (and with an odd name). I did not connect it with the airline. Hence, I did not understand your reaction.

Now I see...

No problem whatsoever!

Cheers,

Oskaar