Thread: I'm sorry if this is wrong place to ask but does Bunratty Meade in a ceramic bottle

1. Default I'm sorry if this is wrong place to ask but does Bunratty Meade in a ceramic bottle

Does Bunratty Meade in a ceramic bottle have a shelf life?
    Thank you!

I'm not familiar with the ceramic container mentioned, but mead is similar to any wine. Protect it from oxygen and light and store at a consistent cool temperature and it will last as long as you can wait to drink it.
    -Jerry

A closed bottle should be good for years as long as it remains sealed, but once you break the seal, the clock starts ticking. An opened bottle of wine DOES have a limited shelf life, even if you use the rubber corks where you can use a vacuum pump to suck the air out of the bottle so it doesn't oxidize.
    "The main ingredient needed is 'time' followed closely by 'patience'." - The Bishop 2013
    "When you consider that laziness and procrastination are the fundamentals of great mead, it is a miracle that the mazer cup happens." Medsen Fey, 2014
    "Sure it can be done. I've never heard of it, but I do things I've never heard if all the time. That is the beauty of being a brewer!" - Loveofrose, 2014
    "I tend to....um, er, experiment, and go outside the box. Sometimes outside the whole department store." - Ebonhawk, 2014

The Fusel Shack, in the swamp west of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Even without opening it, I'm not sure how long Bunratty's will age without deterioration given that it is basically a white wine with some honey added. It probably isn't something that will age for a decade even stored in the best of conditions.

And Welcome to GotMead!
    Lanne pase toujou pi bon
    (Past years are always better)