Thread: Mead as wedding favor

1. Default Mead as wedding favor

Hello,

I am getting married this year and am looking to have mead as my wedding favors. I am lost on where to locate small bottles of mead. Does anyone know a meadery that sells small bottles of mead? I need to obtain 150-175 bottles.

Thanks for any help!!!

~Crystal

I just gave mead as our wedding favors, but I made my own. It ended up being much cheaper than you could purchase. I ran a 5 gallon batch and ended up with about 45 375mL bottles.
    "There is no bee without the sting; cleverness consists in gathering the honey nevertheless." - Sri Sathya Sai Baba

Smallest I've seen so far is 375 ml bottles...
    Bees stole my signature file!

You could always find some small empty bottles and repackage it into those. It'd be a big pain, but you could do it.

If you do that, you need to be sure to sterilize the new bottles and caps and pour carefully so you don't introduce a lot of oxygen to the mead. I don't know if you're a brewer, but there are several straight-forward products you can use to sterilize the bottles.

Where do you live? Most meaderies are smaller operations so if you call them up I'm sure they could work out some smaller bottles for you. Might have to pay a little extra if they don't normally use that size, but it could still be worthwhile.
    Want to see something added to the GotMead Glossary? PM me! Didn't know we had a glossary? Check the top row of links.

I know I saw 187ml bottles in a catalog today.

OP post your area maybe someone local can help. If you decide to fill the small bottles yourself rent a floor corker.
    -Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by littleracer View Post
    Hello,

I am getting married this year and am looking to have mead as my wedding favors. I am lost on where to locate small bottles of mead. Does anyone know a meadery that sells small bottles of mead? I need to obtain 150-175 bottles.

Thanks for any help!!!

~Crystal
    B. Nektar Meadery does this.
    contact us at Three One Three - Nine Nine Nine - Five One Five Seven
    Brad Dahlhofer
    Co-Founder / CEO
    B. Nektar Meadery - www.bnektar.com
    Sign up for our newsletter (on our website) for news about upcoming releases.
    Find us on Facebook and Twitter
    Vice-President - American Mead Makers Association -www.mead-makers.org

I don't have an answer to littleracer's question (wish I did) but I have to say that mead as wedding favors is a great idea! Very unique to personality - as wedding/event favors should be... wish I'd thought of it!