FerndalePalooza!30% Off Pairing Mead and Food!

Thread: Thinking of Beekeeping

Default Thinking of Beekeeping

I have been seriously thinking of trying my hand, eventually, at beekeeping. I have some contacts with some old unused hives I could get for free. My next step is to buy some research books about it and see if there are any classes nearby that I can take.

Why I am posting here is I was wondering if there are any beekeepers near Lansing, MI that would be interested in showing a newbee some of the rope? I feel you can always learn more from people who have done something then by just reading a book. Any help or reference would be greatly appreciated.

One reason for this is a buddy of mine is planning of opening another restaurant soon and would like to eventually open a meadery with it. He wants me to help him with it and seeing as the honey is the most expensive part of making mead I figured this would be a good way to start.

Thanks again for any help or suggestions.

Default to bee or not to bee

Hi I've been doing the bee thing for five years and would say go for it . I'd also read bee's for dummys as I went it's a great book to follow. Good luck and just dont move to fast.