Thread: Adding photos to posts

Question Adding photos to posts

Hey, I realize this may be a dumb question, but I can't for the life of me figure it out, and it's really bothersome.

So every time I have tried to add an attachment, specifically a photo, I receive an error message that my attachment "exceeds the limit by X KB". Now, I realize there is a 1.91 MB and 800x640 limit on JPGs, but mine is now 400x280 and a whopping 92 KB...and the amount exceeded went up 50 KB more than before I scaled down the image!! Help, please!
    Find what you like, and hone it to perfection.

And don't serve dodgy mead!

No, not a dumb question; same thing happens to me. Hopefully someone will come along and help us out.

Try using a third party image hosting site such as Omploader

Omploader doesnt require an account or anything so its pretty anonymous, but anyone can view/use your images.

You can then just embed your images in your post with the insert image button.

I had this same problem. I made my photos super tiny but they still wouldn't upload... is this a patron-only benefit?

I finally just uploaded them to server space i own and hotlinked it...

Hey folks,

I've been adjusting the settings on the picture upload function. I've basically upped the image size to 800x600 with a maxfile size of 2 Mb. I've done a number of tests and uploaded various photos up to 800x600 at the max filesize with no issues.

If you're having issues and the file specs are within the parameters stated above please PM me and let me know. I'll probably want to look at your file as well.

Please note that this is a function of a forum, and not a specifically crafted app for photo storage and manipulation. We're not geared toward photo storage and album creation so please be aware. Also, we have limited space to store photos so please be cognizant and upload accordingly.

Thanks so much,

Oskaar
    Is it tasty . . . precious?